whats the best program to remove spyware and stuff, but its also freee???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublime1sw

anyone have any suggestions. Cause i use freedom antispyware and it dosnt work all the time. Is there anything else

Spybot search and destroy. Adaware se 1.6. Cwshredder. Spywareblaster. Mcafee avert stinger. all these programmes are free and readily available.

May I suggest that you go HERE and read RBS`s post. You will find links to most of the programmes I mentioned above.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Please be careful with Spybot if you are not familiar with it. It sometimes recognizes certain programs as spyware that is not. Just take notice of what it is deleting first.

Filard said:
Please be careful with Spybot if you are not familiar with it. It sometimes recognizes certain programs as spyware that is not. Just take notice of what it is deleting first.

Hello Filard.

I`d be interested if you could give me some examples of what you mean please.

The reason I ask, is because I`ve been using Spybot for a long time, and have never had any problems with it.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

For example Spybot S&D finds the automatic update component of F-Secure antivirus as Backweb Lite. That is correct since BackWeb is the thing used, but in this case it is a tame version that is not spyware. Needless to mention, F-Secure breaks thoroughly if you let Spybot kill the BW component.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back