What's the best upgrade??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I had AMD athlon 3200+ processor(2.0GHZ), 1gb RAM, 160gb hard-disk system. I found out that games such as prince of persia, hitman, etc are unable to get installed on my PC. Even small game like 'Little Fighter' shows poor graphics. I am not that good at computers. I want to upgrade my system to the latest available. Can I go with Intel or AMD has the best?. What to look first while estimating a processor's performance... is it its GHZ, hyper threading or dual-core..please help me out to reach a solution.

many options

1. What is your motherboard? kind... model....
intel vs. Amd all preference, really does not mater, if you have an upgradable mobo now, save money and stick with the Amd.
Ghz speed is very important but also is system bus speeds (cpu +ram+mobo communicating). If you are just running the game and nothing else in the background a single core chip is fine.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back