Whats the diference between standby mode and monitor-off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehacker

Hello guys,
i want to know the difference between standby mode and monitor-off mode. monitor-off mode is in the power options, where u set the time for monitor to turn-off.
and also i want to configure my system to turn off the monitor when i press the "sleep" button on my keyboard. usually this key makes the system to standby.so, if there is any difference between the two i would like to turn-off monitor through that key.
thanks in advance.

Monitor-off means exactly that - the computer monitor is turned off. Your computer keeps on working as usual.

Standby usually means that all the components in the computer are turned off with the exception of the system memory. For most practical purposes your computer is turned off during standby. When you wake it up, work is resumed.

so for example if my antivirus scan is on and i standby then it will pause there?
And how to turn-off monitor using "sleep" or anyother button? is there any shortcut for that?

I don't think there's any Windows shortcut to do that. You can of course download a program like Wizmo to do that monitor blanking. And then assign a keyboard shortcut (with another program) to do the blanking..

if you're running a virus scan then put the pc into standby then the scan would pause until you woke the pc up again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back