What's the most fun (evil) pc trick you've played on someone??

Rik

Thought this would be a bit of fun.

I will start the ball rolling with -

Had a friend that thought he was a computer expert, so me and another guy that were fixing his pc for him put a bsod screensaver on it, he ended up reinstalling windows hehe.

Lol Howard,
It was naughty indeed, but great fun:)

One more that i did, a different friend recorded his dad singing while drunk, so i set the recording as the startup sound (windows 98) it was 17 minutes long.

Come on Howard, you must have done something similar, time to own up hehe.

Time to let those skeletons catch a breath of fresh air!!!!

I`ve never really been a practicle joker. On the otherhand, I`m sure as hell not squeaky clean either lol.

I used to be quite a jack the lad in my younger days.

Regards Howard :angel:

I copied a restart script into the windows folder of a friend machine and added an entry to it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

...once upon a time :D (he should have given me my money back! It cost him the same as he owed me in the end in techie fees. lol)

Lol, that's a good un.

Ive also done things like swap power and reset buttons over.

Also sold a laptop to a girl i didn't trust so i only put a time limited demo of windows 98 on it. She never paid fully for it so she never got the full version of 98 that came with the laptop.

My sister wouldnt tell me the password for our Internet connection, so I installed a keylogger and got it. :evil:

It was her fault, I was paying half the cost, so I deserved to know it anyway. She still doesnt know how I got it out!!! :approve:

My brother was annoying me, so I blocked access to his documents. Felt sorry for him, so I gave access again. :D

Other then that, I've not done much. :angel:

rik said:
Had a friend that thought he was a computer expert, so me and another guy that were fixing his pc for him put a bsod screensaver on it, he ended up reinstalling windows hehe.
rik said:
One more that i did, a different friend recorded his dad singing while drunk, so i set the recording as the startup sound (windows 98) it was 17 minutes long.
rik said:
Ive also done things like swap power and reset buttons over.
Also sold a laptop to a girl i didn't trust so i only put a time limited demo of windows 98 on it. She never paid fully for it so she never got the full version of 98 that came with the laptop.
rik,your BANNED from Techspot.
A promising TS career down the tubes.

Moderators note: ...

TechSpot does NOT condone doing evil things to other peoples computers or otherwise stressing other people out with computer based practical jokes...

...It's just something we do to pass the time.

=================================================================

:) ;)

Don't worry, we've all done it for some reason at some point. some of us (me) for petty revenge and retribution, others because some groups of friends are inclined towards practical jokes on each other. lol

I haven't personally done anything, but a guy I know hacked into the school intranet and put a fake error on another guys hard disk.
The guy logs on to find the following message:

Error! There is a waffle in your hard drive.

I would have loved to have seen his face :haha:

I set an icon to "shutdown -s -t 00" at school and named it "Internet Explorer" with the IE icon on like 10 computers. Of course i removed the original IE icon.

:haha: :haha:
WinDoWsMoNoPoLy said:
I set an icon to "shutdown -s -t 00" at school and named it "Internet Explorer" with the IE icon on like 10 computers. Of course i removed the original IE icon.

Nice one
:haha: :haha:

what i did

the most funny thing i did was i went on my freinds computer and dowloaded picture of this girl that he liked at school and his dad found out and his dad put a virus in it and now its all mest up.

Rik those are pretty freakin great. Worst thing I have done is play around with remote access like scarying the crap out of my mom by saying hi to her when i am three hrs away or turning my music on super loud while my doormates are sleeping and i am not even in the building.

I like to put an icon on the desktop, similar to above, named "Fix it Free" or "Don't click me!"
in properties "%windir%\system32\Shutdown.exe -r -t 00" without the "".

edit: works well if you put it in the startup folder too.......the -r is reboot.

Delete1.gif

Ohhh

My best one, is putting a fake virus on a school computer, than pretends to delete all files. My teacher almost **** himself when he saw it, lol.

hmm.. i think the only mischief i've done would have to be the time i was at school, and when oldskool counterstrike 1.3 ruled the gaming arena.. so the story unfolds... (newbie days)

one time a friend managed to get hold of a power user password for the pc's at school and someone had installed cs into a folder deep in temp internet files.. lets just say it got deleted a few times.. so i had this bright idea of going right click into the properties and denying admin and ch (our admin's personal login) from reading/writing the folder..

never went around to see if it worked or not ... but all i can say that we enjoyed playing cs a few weeks longer than usual... :D

Did a good one to my dad once. He used to use my pc so i took a screenshot, set it as the background and removed all my desktop icons. He clicked on what he thought were icons and of course they didn't work.

Back