What's your favorite beer?

mikescorpio81

Hi all,

What can I say; I'm a beer man first and foremost! 'Beer O'Clock" is definately my favorite time of the day and I love trying new beers for the first time.
I've done some travelling in my time and had a few local beers from various countries, and I'd love to continue to try new beers ... if I knew any that I don't already know of!

My local bottleshop is pretty good. He usually stocks a good 40+ imported beers and about 10+ local "Aussie" beers. My favorite beer above all (these days) is an Aussie local called "Crown Lager". I think it's marketed around the world as "Fosters", but we Aussies know it as Crown or "Crownies". I also love other locals such as Tooheys New, VB (Victoria Bitter) and Bluetongue Lager(if you can get your hands on it you'll love it!).

Imports I like are Stella Artois (Wife beater the Brit's call it!), Singha Lager and Kronenberg 1666.
I've tried way too many to list ... as I'm sure we all have (blokes that is!)!

What about the rest of you? :grinthumb

Corona Extra, is my beer of choice on a hot summer day.

And dude I only drink on two occasions. Weekends and Weekdays.

Otherwise I would probably have Coke and Rum, or Sprite and Vodka.

I'm not sure I had a favorite. I pretty much liked anything you'd put in front of me. There was one beer that I've only had at a couple bars while out in Colorado a couple times that I really liked, but had no way of getting it around here, it was Pilsner Urquell, a Czech beer, but since I've only had it a few times I can't remember enough about it to call it a favorite.

bottles.jpg

That is an extremely poor pic of my bottle collection I just threw out yesterday (recycled) because I'm moving apartments. Most bottles are only repeated up there 2-3 times, I think 1 or 2 there are 4 of, which makes for a fairly impressive variety of beers, considering the limited selection you have in a small town.

I've quit drinking though, I was coming too close to getting in serious trouble as a result of drinking, and decided that at this point I would be better off without it. Been dry for 9 months now.

Green Rock Light, Blue Moon, Breckenridge and a local brew called Spring Wheat. That being said, I don't have beer very often. Usually I will make myself a homemade margarita or have a bit of wine.

BTW - Good job SNGX, hope you keep it up! :cool:

The best beer that I ever had was when I was in Bavaria, Germany and had a tall glass of their Weiss Bier (wheat beer) right out of the tap. The best bottled beer that I ever had was one morning on the Swiss border I had a beer called Adambrau. Both were on the same trip and I have never had either beer again, unfortunately.

Guiness Extra Stout
Bass Ale
Lynenkugle's (<spelled wrong, micro brew from PA., I think)
Yellowstone (microbrew from Wyoming)
Red Brick Ale (microbrew from Atlanta)

Asahi, Tooheys, James Boag. Not a really big beer fan, I'd rather do spirits/****tails. Sweet stuff is more my kinda drink.

Killian's is my brew of choice, but in deference to NetCablesPlus, I also like a good wheat beer occasionally...haven't picked a fave among them though.:)

Used to be Michelob in the 80's.

Now it's Kingfisher ( I think it's the only beer here that rightfully qualifies as beer, the rest seem to be weird concoctions)

Ravi, I must say I am a little surprised Michelob was your favorite. Being from India and all. What do you mean about the "weird concoctions"?

Why are you surprised, Halo ? (Oh BTW, I was in US at that time)

By "Cococtions" I refer to the spiked stuff that is passed of as beer here.

Tastes are a little different, in different countries.

Chinese in India is different from Chinese in US.

I got so used to the taste of pizza in US, that I had tough time when I came back to India, till Pizza Hut finally dropped anchor here.

No, it's not......post by me was a little inapropriate, sorry...I'll have a mod delete it.

I work as a barman:) so have ready acess to lots of lovely booze!

My favorites are stella artois lager.

Southern comfort.

And last but certainly not least.. jack daniels.

Is it just me, or is Miller and Budweiser terrible?!
My Wife's cousin is from the U.S and he always buys a 6-pack of either whenever I see him ... I really can't get into it!

I gave him a Stella or 3 and he was legless! :D

Well, it seems to be the cool thing to hate Budweiser so I imagine a lot of people will agree with you.

But it has been responsible for probably 70% of my beer intake through my life. No, its not a great beer, but good beers cost good money and I never liked spending more than $1 per beer outside of a resturant or bar. I looked at each beer as being its own entity and not really fixed on some imaginary goodness chart. Budweiser is highly versitile, you can drink it anytime, after working out, with dinner, while watching tv, at noon, ect. While something like a Pale Ale you probably don't want to drink unless its at or after dinner.

In the States, where you buy the beer also has an affect on it. Some states only sell 3.2% alcohol beer while others sell regular that can be ~5% or slightly higher (for most). Light beers are usually in the 4.2-4.6% range. Some states it even matters where you buy them, in Colorado if you buy a case of Budweiser in a grocery store its 3.2%, but if you buy a case at a liquor store its 5.0%.

Anyone heard or tried that new beer that Sam Adams has out that is supposedly the strongest beer in the world? I forget the name of it right now for some reason.

Interesting if true. Interesting if not true.
However, anyone stuck on drinking budweiser probably ought to experiment in the many quality beers in the same or lower price range.
Budweiser is factory made beer, merely for people who are seeking an alcohol buzz, rather than those who desire an enjoyable beverage with a myriad of flavors.
A good beer can be savored. In all my many years, I have never met a Budweiser connoisseur. Perhaps you consider yourself the first. Perhaps you can describe the fine qualities of Budweiser.

Back