What's your Nationality?

T

tifc8lraz

Just wondering of people's background :evil: ! BTW, are North Americans the only one that do/are able to consider themselves of a different nationality than the country their born :suspiciou?

I'm 75% Irish (Mallow in Country Cork)
12.5% Italian
12.5% English (or would it be called British ;) )

I'm a dual citizen between the USA and the Netherlands.

I'm 50% Dutch and 50% American, well italian actually because people from the USA aren't really from the USA.

50% Italian
25% Austrian
25% Irish

My wife is 50% Chinese
25% Phillipino
25% white (mixed)

If we ever have kids (God willing) they'll be scrambled eggs.

beef_jerky4104 said:
I'm a dual citizen between the USA and the Netherlands.

I'm 50% Dutch and 50% American, well italian actually because people from the USA aren't really from the USA.

um have you forgotten NATIVE AMERICANS?

They migrated from Siberia ;)...and before that, just like all of us, Africa :D

Most would consider me black, but I'm 12% Irish, 12% Cherokee Indian, 75% of some African descent or something

Glad to see we're all mature enough to keep this thread from getting out of hand - it has potential to do so. That being said I am:

50% African American
25% Filipino
25% Chinese

I am an American by birth and 100% Portuguese by heritage (all four of my grandparents immigrated from Portugal to the USA just before WWI.) When people in the U.S. ask me what I am, I say Portuguese. However, if I am asked while on travel outside of the US, I say American.

:D Same here. I would not consider myself Irish if I went to Ireland; just American ;). It's weird that a geneologist was interested in my family and did a huge report on it.....came here on September 27, 1857 (almost 150 years :grinthumb )!

We supposibly came from 1...yes 1 group of people that at one point had a population of only 10,000....and they migrated and as they did this, reproduced and settled. At least thats' what was on the History Channel :D!

Well, I'm Australian born and bred, my ancestors came here as free settlers quite a few generations ago (both sides of the family) and are mostly from Germany and Britain. But there's some Czech and Welsh in there as well.

So I'm...
45% German
45% British
5% Welsh
5% Czech

5th generation english. ancestors are from county lietrim and roscomon ireland. i think thats why i love tatey;)

25% Swedish
25% Norwegian
25% German
25% Luxembourg

My grandparents on my mom's side, 1 was full blooded Swedish and 1 was full blooded Norwegian. Can anyone guess why that was an odd pairing?

nickslick74 said:
25% Swedish
25% Norwegian
25% German
25% Luxembourg

My grandparents on my mom's side, 1 was full blooded Swedish and 1 was full blooded Norwegian. Can anyone guess why that was an odd pairing?

During my one visit to Sweden many years ago, I do recall the Swedes mentioning that their equivalent of the USA Blonde (or Polish) jokes were Norwegian-based. Or was it something to do with Vikings, etc.?

tomrca said:
5th generation english. ancestors are from county lietrim and roscomon ireland.

:D....Northern Ireland eh ;)? For me, Mallow in County Cork, and a "wee" bit from County Kerry....as Southern as can be :grinthumb !

Back