When I Click "Play All" to play music in a Folder, WMP doesn't start as it should

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my music folders, when i select the option "play all" on the left frame of the folder (i'm using windows XP2), no programs open up to play the music. It is supposed to be handled by WMP program, but that doesnt start up. It basically results with no response, as if i didnt click in the first place. Anyone know what the problem could be?

do you have any other media players installed into windows, such as real player or itunes?

try going to start>set program access and defaults>microsoft windows and see what it lists for 'media player', it should be set to windows media player

also look under the 'non microsoft' category, it should say 'use my current media player'

make sure all file types in the folder you are playing are associated with WMP instead of another player.

Open WMP > Tools > Options > Filetypes Tab > Select All

If you have more than 1 gig worth of music/video being accessed at one time, WMP will require a boost of memory or it will freeze up. Make sure u have free RAM.

my music folders will not play in windows media player when i click on play slected or play all. its looks like it is going to start up then nothing happens please help

this problem can easily be caused by a lisencing discrepancy. depending on the origins of your music files, WMP may promt you to download new lisences to play them. just follow the automated process, it is total BS but takes several seconds to finish.

do you have a soundcard on your computer that is installed, enabled, and set as the default playback device in windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back