When I try to configure my Sound Blaster Audigy I get a code12 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem with my Sound Blaster Audigy and it gives me this when I try to configure it:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Problem is, when I disable everything under sound, video and game controllers, and reinstall the drivers, I still get this problem. I disabled onboard sound, and the USB in the BIOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry if this has been posted more than once, but I'm so frustrated I googled it and found no answers to my problem.

How much RAM do you have in your system? Which sound blaster audigy do you have? Can you give us the rest of your system specs and anything else relevant?

paranoid guy said:
How much RAM do you have in your system? Which sound blaster audigy do you have? Can you give us the rest of your system specs and anything else relevant?

I have 1024 mb of RAM, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, I'm not sure which sound blaster audigy I have, but I think it is one of the earlier models, and this problem I'm having ONLY occured after I ran a CCleaner.

Edit: Oh, and I have a Nvidia 6800 GS

Did you run an issues scan with ccleaner? I've heard of ccleaner deleting important files, so it's likely. Thing is, I'm not sure if ccleaner has an undo, or restore button.

I received no error prompt when I ran CCleaner, nor does it have a restore function, I tried a system restore, but I received the same problem.

I switched to my onboard sound for the time being, but any help to get my sound card to work again will be welcomed with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back