When to increase voltage of memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Hi all,

I'm currently OC-ing my system mildly and I was wondering if anyone knows when I should increase the voltage of the RAM. This is rather new to me as I'm always used to just upping the core voltage of the CPU.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Originally posted by lokem
Hi all,

I'm currently OC-ing my system mildly and I was wondering if anyone knows when I should increase the voltage of the RAM. This is rather new to me as I'm always used to just upping the core voltage of the CPU.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Are you oc'ing with FSB or clockmultiplier? If it's the latter, don't bother...

If it's FSB... When you come to the point that increasing the voltage on the cpu won't make the system stable, you might want to try increasing ram voltage... (But it could also be that one or more of your pci card/cd/harddrives can't take the increase in FSB....)

.02$

Re: Re: When to increase voltage of memory?

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi

Are you oc'ing with FSB or clockmultiplier? If it's the latter, don't bother...

If it's FSB... When you come to the point that increasing the voltage on the cpu won't make the system stable, you might want to try increasing ram voltage... (But it could also be that one or more of your pci card/cd/harddrives can't take the increase in FSB....)

.02$

Thanks for the info. Regarding the PCI speed, is there a program to find out the current speed of the PCI bus?

It should be listed in the manual. Either the PCI speed is dependant on FSB ( most of the cases ) or you can lock PCI & AGP speeds ( 33 / 66 ), certain Epox & Abit cards do that.

What motherboard do you have ?

Managed to find out the PCI bus speed by using the latest Sandra. Anyway, I'm using Epox 8KHA+. Seems stable at odd FSB i.e. 145.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back