where can I download/check Display Driver?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

techuser

I just installed Windows 2000 Professional on a PC. I had to format it as it had FAT32 filesystem.
After formatting & installation I realized I dont have any drivers CD.
Is there a way I can find out which display adapter do I have & also it shows me as 16 colors no other option under display tab.
Also it set to Default VGA / no Plug & Play.
How can resolve this ????
Any suggestions......
Thanks

You need to first know which graphics card you have. You then need to go to the manufacturers site, or windows update (if 2000 is still supported!), and download the drivers from there.

On the top of it.. Why you formated your machine only because you had FAT32 file system and you want NTFS. If so then you went a wrong way.. You can convert your file system by using the command Convert on Dos prompt viz..

Convert 'your drive letter' /FS: NTFS .

As far as the other display driver are concern then as spike suggested you must know which graphics card you have and then you can download the driver from the manufacturer website.

Yeah...I know that was stupid mistake...is there a way to find which graphics card am I using...
Thanks....

Right click on My Computer , select properties and then go to Hardware tab where you see 'Device Manager'. Click on it and let me know what is under display adapter..

If you give your system configuration then it would help me to give you the URL.

Thanks a lot....
I just fixed it ...I unistalled the VGA adapter; restarted the machine & then I went to Device manager and reinstalled the drivers from the net. As I said I didn't know which driver it had ....so while checking the Device manager ...I saw like Intel 80821 Interface controller...and took the risk and selected Intel from devices to be installed....And after restarting the PC; the display seems OK. I guess next time I would make sure I have drivers installation CD.
.....Thanks to everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back