Where did sound in sound schemes go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently my sound schemes quit functioning,(no sounds and no sound when checking alternate sounds at bottom of window. Also the small button that lets you preview sounds is pale and neither highlights nor works).
Also, websites that used to automatically start playing music when you go to them no longer do.
CD's work fine. DVD's work fine. Also if I download music from the web to my computer and then play it that works fine also. Songs in my music library also work. My sound card is a creative media card. No hardware conflicts. All Devices enabled. Ran creative diagnostic. All good. Ran windows sound troubleshooter. No help. Volume controls are up and like I said the problem seems to be very specific. What does work sounds excellent. Any ideas would be most welcome. Thank you.

Try going to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio devices/Click on Sounds tab, and use the scroll for sound scheme to select Windows Default.

I've tried that also. Windows default is the only choice and it is selected and applied. At the lower portion of that same window where I used to test other optional sounds that does not work either.

I tried that also. No luck. I have finally gotten the sound scheme sounds back by doing one system restore after another until one finally worked. Still don't have a clue what was wrong or why. This computer has become a source of knowlage I can't live without and a source of stress I could do without. Thank you for taking the time to help me. At least while I'm typing I can't pull anymore hair out. Mr. just_a_nobody.....Live Long and Prosper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back