Where do I find Voice recognition / talk&type software Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudshark

Does anyone know of, or where to go and look for
Voice recognition / talk&type software?

I have a request to build a system for a guy who needs this
sort of software to help him get text entered onto his PC
by talking as apposed to typing it. I would like to get him
something good but have no clue about this sort of thing.
He has recently become paralyzed so doesn’t know anything
about this stuff either.

Any pointers would be appreciated. :)

I'd installed Dragon Naturally Speaking on the pc of a gentleman with MS at one of the locations I support. It seemed to be relatively easy to configure and he used it until he was forced to retire due to the progression of his disease (about 3 years of use) and he had few issues with it.

I'm not sure about reviews, but personal use for me has been that Dragon Naturally Speaking is much better than ViaVoice. It just takes a lot of time to train the program to your voice. I'm talking 10+ hours to get it to work properly.

I'm not sure about reviews, but personal use for me has been that Dragon Naturally Speaking is much better than ViaVoice. It just takes a lot of time to train the program to your voice. I'm talking 10+ hours to get it to work properly.

I gathered that by the instruction manual and never bothered to install it. Poertner is it worth it? How do you typically use it?

I just got it when I was in college to play around with it. I spent a few hours max teaching it, and it did a decent job, but I can type much faster than I can talk and have it recognize it. So that's why I got rid of it, just too slow. But if you are a slow typer, then it might be worth a shot.

Wow Thanks for all the replies, I took a quick look and the
Dragon product seems to cost quite a bit more than the IBM
version.
Well at least I have a good starting point now, thanks again
for your help with this. I'll read a bit about each before deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back