Where do you buy your computer parts in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster

Where do you buy your computer parts in Canada?

A lot of parts are a lot pricier than NewEgg's about everywhere and NCIX, VibeComputers and TigerDirect are not often have higher prices than my local shop. Any other place? (If in USA, with shipping options that don't cost a LOT of custom fees?)

if it's being shipped from the US, then there's no way to avoid the customs fee. no reputable company will lie about the value of the items being shipped in order to pay a lower customs fee.

I was going to suggest tigerdirect, but you say that they charge more than your local shop... so what's wrong with your local shop?

if it's being shipped from the US, then there's no way to avoid the customs fee.

Sorry, brokerage.

I was going to suggest tigerdirect, but you say that they charge more than your local shop... so what's wrong with your local shop?

The parts list is practically empty... And NewEgg's cheaper.(For some things, sometimes, it's cheaper here)

yeah, i like newegg, they have good prices and cheap fast shipping (too bad they won't ship outside the US)

I also buy alot of my PC parts off Ebay, in fact my current rig is built from parts that I bought from Ebay sellers (everything except the PSU that I bought from newegg).

I find that Ebay is usually (not always, but usually has been in my experience) cheaper than even newegg. Just be sure to buy from a high-feedback-seller and read the auction details carefully.

Just looking at it, it seems that NCIX has much lower prices than my local stores now. It wasn't the same jst a few years ago.

yeah, but remember with ebay, guarantees mean almost nothing - so yes they may be cheap, but they're cheap for a reason. Always buy with a credit card on ebay. If you have a seller selling "as-is" and the product is really defective, you can get reimbursed by your credit card.

which is exactly why I said:
Just be sure to buy from a high-feedback-seller and read the auction details carefully.

One thing about Ebay that people have to realize is that Ebay doesn't sell anything, it is simply a medium for many people to sell things. There are some dishonest sellers out there but they are in the minority and you can pretty much spot them by their feedback scores

I've already got things for eBay but I think it's worth using it only to upgrade parts.

I found that people often sell at higher prices than stores do for some things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back