Which case is cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRunyon

Which case has the potential to be cooler (temperature wise)? I like both of them, so this is what its going to come down to. My rig is going to be very hot especially when I put a second X1900XT in there so I need a case thats good with airflow. My guess is that the Raidmax one is cooler because it has more fans but someone told me that those two side fans only mess up the front-back air flow that you want in a case... that would make the Coolermaster for the win. But.......

What case is for the win? I dont know anything about cooling so I need your opinions!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119068

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811156018

Well the second one has fans in the side, thats what i would go for as i had a pc that overheated until i mounted two side fans and it never played up again!!!

$65 with a power supply is an excellent deal. I have to get my own power supply however because I need to have two 12v rails to support my crossfire setup

I like those two... which is better?

You don't NEED a dual rail psu, they are more of a gimmic than anything from what a lot of people have said here on techspot!!!

There's no harm in getting one if that's what you want tho!!!!

GRunyon said:
$65 with a power supply is an excellent deal. I have to get my own power supply however because I need to have two 12v rails to support my crossfire setup

I like those two... which is better?

The 450w PSU in the XION case may look like a good deal but it only has 18A on the 12v rail which is too litle for any modern video card and it is made by a an unknown brand so it is likely poorly made.

I think the coolermaster centuron 5 case is probably the coolest running. The entire front is aluminum mesh which acts as one giant vent and the sides have good venting. I have used the centuron 5 before and they have a ton of room inside which makes them easy to work in and helps with cooling by provideing plenty of room for airflow.

rik said:
You don't NEED a dual rail psu, they are more of a gimmic than anything from what a lot of people have said here on techspot!!!

There's no harm in getting one if that's what you want tho!!!!

For Crossfire, it is required for voltage stability. Unless you could get a super high-end single rail PSU, with more than 35A.

They don't cost that much more than top end units from other good manufactures. average 10-25% and I have never had a Pc Power&Cooling PSU die.PCP&C is the only company I can say this about any other PSU company I have used I have had atleast one PSU die.I have a 200w AT PCP&C PSU dateing from 1994 that still works perfectly(although I don't use it anymore and keep it around foe the odd occason that I need to test an AT system).

XION Makes sweet PSU's, one has 5!! +12V Rails 17A each making 85A!! Hmmm, its gone from newegg, strange. LOL, i was lookin at dif manufacturer :p nvm

F1N3ST said:
XION Makes sweet PSU's, one has 5!! +12V Rails 17A each making 85A!! Hmmm, its gone from newegg, strange. LOL, i was lookin at dif manufacturer :p nvm

I wouldn't bet on it putting 85A. non-established brands like XION tend to overate their PSUs. They oftin give the numbers the unit scored at an extremely low tempratures(like -50C). And they don't seem to be too big on PFC or overload protection so a overloaded or shorted PSU could easily take out the motherboard or other vital compunents. Bottom line I wouldn't trust any cheap PSU from a non-establised brand in my ststem(right now I'm running exclusively PCP&C powersupplies). I recomend the following brands: PC Power&Cooling,Antec,Enermax,FSP,Corsair,Seasonic(good but as expensive as PCP&C).

dmill89 said:
I wouldn't bet on it putting 85A. non-established brands like XION tend to overate their PSUs. They oftin give the numbers the unit scored at an extremely low tempratures(like -50C). And they don't seem to be too big on PFC or overload protection so a overloaded or shorted PSU could easily take out the motherboard or other vital compunents. Bottom line I wouldn't trust any cheap PSU from a non-establised brand in my ststem(right now I'm running exclusively PCP&C powersupplies). I recomend the following brands: PC Power&Cooling,Antec,Enermax,FSP,Corsair,Seasonic(good but as expensive as PCP&C).
Don't forget OCZ, their GameXStream line is pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back