Which GFX card is Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
which is better. i need to know for purchasing.

ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory

or

NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB

need quick response please.

Don't know what your purpose for buying those is, but both are about equally bad....But the ati looks better. Please explain before you purchase, maybe we can help you from wasting $70.

the purpose for this is that my computer i use now has the geforce4 and it plays the games good and im giving it to my brother(nick) and buying my other brother(adam) a computer similar to that with a Ati radeon x300se hypermemory. i want them to be able to play the same games without problems.

my old comp has 2.0ghz 256mb ram and geforce4 and it plays css good

the computer im going buy for my other brother is

3.06ghz 1gb ram and ati radeonx300

so will the new one be better ? i know the memory is like 4 times better and speed is faster but will the gfx be able to handle some new games like Counter-Strike:Source like my geforce4 does?

the problem with that is it will be prebuilt buy dell and it only has radeon x300 se and its a good price my dad will pay. so i cant chose from any other gfx card.

1gb ram
ati radeon x300 se
3.06 ghz
19'' flat panel

for $598!
thats a good deal right?

Ever think about building your own system? If anything maybe you can get a comp with no video card, and then order one separately and put it in there. It is an ok system, but it is not meant for gaming. If there is anyway to get around that card, do it. Try to convince your dad to let you build your system. It really isn't that hard, and you'll get better performance for less money.

I looked at dell.com and i saw the options for the video cards.
I would say that get the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 and then convince your dad to buy you a seperate card for $100 or so. the x3000 is integrated graphics, so its built into the motherboard. You can simply disable it, and then put a video card in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back