Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I just bought a
Trinity S2099 -->Motherboard
P4 3.06 HT ,
1Gig PC2100 RAM
60 GB 7200 RPM HDD

Now I am looking for decent graphics card (GC) so that I can play current generation games. My Motherboard only supports AGP 4X . I dont want to spend more than $100 on a GC . Can anyone point me to a decent GC for my machine.

Witch such a budget your best bet would be a Radeon 9600 Pro but that will not allow you to play the latest games at high resolutions & all the eye candy turned on.

Well 256mb should be better but most of the time in order to fit more memory on the board & still have profit margins companies often put slower Ram. I'd go for the 128mb version myself. 256mb is really usefull when you use FSAA at high resolutions & if that is your goal you might as well get a more expensive from the start.

The ultimate version is a passively cooled card, meaning there are no fans on the chipset's heatsink & thus it produces less noise.

Like I said, I would rather go for the 128mb version myself but it is still your call.

Hello again :)

I also need help buying a card.. Im using a 2800+ sepron 1gig ram 60 gig and 9200 radeon. Im thinking of getting a geforce 6800 gt 256mb. would it be worth it for my current system build?

On Doom 3 i can run the game fine on 800x600 with everything on BUT lighting lol. If i would get this card think i can turn up the res up with lighting?

Personally, I can't stand the Sapphire cards. They are ok if you need a quick fix, but their typically put lower quality ram on their cards. Don't think about OCing it. Now if you don't OC, that might be ok, but I like to have room to play. Go with true ATI if you can. Might cost more, but it will be worth it.

The 6800gt 256 is a great card. Nice bang for the buck aspect to it. I have a number of friends that own it and they get great performance out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back