AMD ATHLON XP 2100+ 256K 266FSB SOCKET A RETAIL BOX
512MB PC2700 DDR333 SAMSUNG RAM
ABITR9550-128CDT RADEON 9550 128MB DDR AGP8X
WD 80GB 7200rpm hard drive
SOLTEK KT400-A4 ATX SOCKET A DDR400 AGP4X 5PCI ATA133 USB2.0 W/SOUND

I am stuck between three heatsSinks. Please help me decide:

VANTEC AEROFLOW SOCKETA CPU COOLER TMD 5600RPM 35.5CFM 38DBA

THERMALTAKE A1889-01 SILENT BOOST SOCKETA COPPER 2450RPM 27.5CFM 21DBA

These were recommended by most people. If there are another heatsink for the same price ($30), please let me know.

Which is better cooling system from these 2? I have a stock heatsink and I want to cool my cpu which is running very hot about 62-65 degrees Celcius. I don't mind the noise. Just want a better cooling system. Also, do these include fan, thermal greese or pad?

Is there any other good heatsink in the same price range?

thanks guys...

Both are overkill unless you are going to overclock. Id go with the Thermaltake though. I had the Vantec and it was extremely loud.

Well thanks guys. I finally got "Vantec Aeroflow" heatsink and used the "thermal greese" I had at home. It is a sweet heatsink. It reduced the temp about 15 degrees Celcius. What a difference? It is too big though. However, I was able to put it in.........it was pretty easy installation as I didin't have to use screw driver to push it in. Very happy so far. My temperature at the moment is 54 degrees load and 46-49 degrees idle. Pretty good.

I want to thank all of you guys for your help. This forum rocks. Very helpfull experts.

Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back