Which is better for gaming, Geforce2 mx -or- Voodoo3 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chembrouk

Which card is better, Geforce 2 mx, or voodoo3 3000

I have a got two old video cards lying around to go in my second PC, It has got a voodoo3 2000 in it at the mo, but can have either a Geforce 2 200mx with 64mb or a voodoo3 3000, which one will give the best performance in games such as Unreal tourney or Quake 3???

I have also got latest win2k drivers for all cards so driver problems are not a question.

If I were to choose, I would take the GeForce 2 MX...

Here's a quote from one of the reviews of a Geforce 2 MX:
I enlarged a piece of the explosion a bit .. Isn't that Hulk V spaceship blowing up a Voo .. 5500 ? Oh come on .. that's funny! reality is that the MX series videocards actually are faster in many tests than the r.i.p. 3dfx Voodoo5 5500.

This is from Guru 3D, and this is my opinion. If you want to do some research yourself, go take a look here. Guru 3D

Goodluck.
:grinthumb

Only because of how far along detonator drivers have come would I tip my hat towards the Geforce. Image quality is top notch with the Voodoo.

UT will run better with your Voodoo3 - Quack quack prolly with your MX - which is more important to you?

LNCPapa

Depends on what games you're playing. The Unreal engine is CPU dependent, whereas the Quake engine is vid-card dependent.
as beforementioned: GeF2 better Frame Rate, Voodoo better color

If that is your second PC then what are you doing with your main one? Why couldn't you just play games with it?

I also agree with the others in that the GeForce 2MX is probably better and more overclockable.

Good idea..
I'm a major NVidia fan.
Their cards are awesome (graphics wise), dramitically overclockable, and keep up to date trying to make them better no matter how old they are with the drivers and such.
Anyhow, I just like them.

Originally posted by XYZ359
Good idea..
I'm a major NVidia fan.
Their cards are awesome (graphics wise), dramitically overclockable, and keep up to date trying to make them better no matter how old they are with the drivers and such.
Anyhow, I just like them.

I would stick with the GF too, you can't get drivers for the Voodoo anymore except from 3rd parties. With the frequency that Nvidia updates their drivers, it is a clear cut choice to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back