Which is better, PowerDvd or WinDvd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnf4ultra

Hello, I'm considering getting a dvd player program to take advantage of my 5.1 speakers when I play movies. I currently have power dvd 5(basic), and windvd 5(basic), and like power dvd the most of the two, but I realize both versions are outdated, and neither has 5.1 audio capabillity, they only support stereo as is.
Both power dvd and win dvd came free with hardware, which I guess is why they're limited.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? It seems both have their following, but I am leaning towards power dvd, since I like it better with the version I have, but my win dvd is older, maybe win dvd's better now?

Anyway, input appreciated.

I liked PowerDVD better for years. Now I like WinDVD better (I have WinDVD 5 Platnium (came with my burner)).

Maybe PDVD has this feature now, but what I really liked abotu WinDVD is you can set a time you want the movie to finish, and it will speed up or slow it down to fit in the time window you specify, and it does this without changing the pitch of the sounds. IE it doesn't sound like the chipmunks if you speed it up.

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't know that such a feature existed, interesting, does it have a name intervideo came up with or something?

I like the interface of power dvd better, my basic version of win dvd seems "clunky", and not too well thought out.

I can't seem to find many reviews on power dvd vs. win dvd, anyone know of any(recent preferably).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back