which is faster.....64 mb card or....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just wanted to know which one is better...i have 2 video card....one has 64 mb mem but it has no 3d acceleration....and the other one has 32 mb mem with 3d acceleration....which one is better?.....

oops i got it all wrong its not 3d acceleration....its agp texture acceleration....64 mb card doesnt have that but 3d acceleration and direct draw acceleration has it?.....so which one is better?

Can you name the cards?

Given 1 doesn't support AGP Texturing it's likely to be a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP. Without actually knowing the cards you're on about (ore so the other one) it's hard to say much more really.

the first video card is elsa gladiac mx gforce 2 mx 400 32 mb mem
the second is the xtacy arcade fx gforce 2 mx 400 64 mem this one has no agp tecture acceleration

Well considering both cards use SDR SDRAM (save for the rare 64-bit DDR MX 400), the 32MB card is better choice out of the two since it has AGP texturing.

Do you guys realize how slow things are already going once you're using AGP texturing? AGP isn't really fast enough to use this method effectively yet, it would be best used for geometry data. I can't think of anything that really uses it in this manner yet. I think having the 64 meg of memory would prove more useful in real-world application. Just my 2-cents though.

LNCPapa

The 32Mb card is also likely to be faster than the 64Mb card simply because GF2MX SDRs have very low memory bandwidth, in which case having less memory to be accessed via the AGP Bus/Memory Bus will probably be faster. Most benchmarks seem to indicate this with GF3Ti200 or GF4Ti4200 64Mb vs 128Mb.

The xtacy arcade fx gforce 2 mx 400 in that case then. Is it a PCI model? Regardless, the greater video memory will still make it far faster than a 32MB card when it comes to games with more textures.

The 64MB card would be better assuming that both cards are AGP or both are PCI. Don't worry if one is DDR and one is SDR. The GF2 MXs are different than other nVidia cards in this area. The DDR cards have a 64-bit memory path while the SDR have 128-bit. (64x2 = 128) Usually DDR is faster if you're not talking about an MX-model card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back