Which is the Best Music Player software ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertq

I want to buy a software to play MP3 & other music formats on my PC..

Cost is not the problem.

Can you guys suggest the best one ?

Thank You.

QuickTime is the best, because it brings profits to Apple, is infuriatingly "user friendly" and it has nice exploitable security holes!

Seriously. What is "best"? Do you want the player to have skins so you can make it a huge pink semi-transparent tentacled Hentai character? Does it have to play videos? Do you want to play audio DVDs? Do you want to play DRM content from online shops? Do you want to play open formats like OGG or FLAC? Are you interested in plugins like sound "enhancement"? Ripping CDs? Recording music? Do you want pretty visualisations? Do you want something that consumes 100MB or RAM or would it be OK to have something that fits in less than 1MB? Do you want to run it in WIndows 3.1, Windows NT, Wndows 95 or maybe WIndows XP or Vista?

Nodsu said:
QuickTime is the best, because it brings profits to Apple, is infuriatingly "user friendly" and it has nice exploitable security holes!

Seriously. What is "best"? Do you want the player to have skins so you can make it a huge pink semi-transparent tentacled Hentai character? Does it have to play videos? Do you want to play audio DVDs? Do you want to play DRM content from online shops? Do you want to play open formats like OGG or FLAC? Are you interested in plugins like sound "enhancement"? Ripping CDs? Recording music? Do you want pretty visualisations? Do you want something that consumes 100MB or RAM or would it be OK to have something that fits in less than 1MB? Do you want to run it in WIndows 3.1, Windows NT, Wndows 95 or maybe WIndows XP or Vista?

Looks Great
have to play videos
play audio DVDs
interested in plugins like sound "enhancement"
Ripping CDs
Recording music
pretty visualisations
RAM No problem - Have 4 GB
Win XP

So tell me now - As I said cost is no problem
Thanks

Well, DVD-Audio rules out 99% of the media players out there. The ones that I know are: WinDVD, PowerDVD and the Creative MediaSource.

quick time is the best for all around music playing, but if you want specific uses i would use another player

Just stick with WMP11, it'll do all that apart from possibly audio dvd playback, unless you use a dvd that just has a load of mp3/wma etc files on it then you can open it and play the files

toy 121 said:
quick time is the best for all around music playing, but if you want specific uses i would use another player

Just the quicktime or with itunes ?

What about Video Playing ?

Nodsu,

What if I choose not to play DVDs ? Suggest in that case.

Thanks

I myself use media monkey, im not sure if it can play dvd audio though. You can probaly find a plug in if you wanted to. Media monkey uses very little system resources and dosen't mess with the systems codecs (cough, WMP11).

Foobar 0.83 in kernelmode for best audio. Plays a large amount of fileformats and is heavily customizable. Also is not memory hungry so it's not bloated

Assuming you have been convinced,by now,that there is no best player,

I`m going to suggest KMPlayer

It has more menus and options and effects,than any othe player.

So it must be the best,really.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back