Which Joystick do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Hey all,

And to follow my keyboard mouse question I also may upgrade my joystick too. Currently I have the second generation MS Precision pro and am thinking about a Logitech Wingman Force feedback.

What kind of joystick to you use and which one would you buy or buy again.

Thanks for the imput.

• Force Feedback Technology
  • Space-Saving Design
  • Twist Handle
  • Twist Handle Lock
  • Versatile Grip Handle
  • 7 Programmable Buttons
  • Rapid-Fire Trigger
  • 8-Way Hat Switch
  • High-Precision Throttle
  • Stable, Weighted Base
  • USB Port Connection
  • 2-year guarantee
Bought this mainly because how much I have enjoyed using their other products and that it was quite a bit cheaper than the Microsoft alternative that they had in the shop at the time ;)
Has Force Feedback and twisting handle for rudder control.

Don't know much about joysticks, but if your after a pad, PSX pads work really well with a USB adapter. Can't remember where I bought it from though.

Thanks Arris,

That's the one that is at the top of my list, Do you like it ? I favor the twist for rudder and such too....

Haven't had any issues with it and the WingMan Profiler software lets you download configuration files for different games so you can set which button does what for pretty much any game. Really comfortable grip as well. I am not too sure about the throttle control though, I think a traditional stick beside the stick rather than the thumb controlled one at its base would be easier to use. As I said in my previous post, the main reason I opted for this was the cost. In comparision to a similar Microsoft stick it was about 1/3 cheaper at least :eek:

I'm considering moving this to the Gaming forum as I think it might get more replies... What do you think Boeingfixer?

Originally posted by Arris

I'm considering moving this to the Gaming forum as I think it might get more replies... What do you think Boeingfixer?

I agree, I realized after I posted it, I put it in the wrong catagory. I am trying to get a feel for what other people use and why, I like my logitech mouse but that doesn't mean I wouldn't switch to another brand. Stuff like that. I wanna know what other pwople want. If you could, please move it to the gaming forum...Ill watch where I post more closely next time. :)

Logitech Wingman FFB is cool but I was *ticked off that they don't have a non FFB with all the buttons and hats of the FFB.

Also is it Digital like the MS product or does it need calibration.
I would pay alot for non calibration.

(*edited by mod)

Calibration

I can't remember and I don't have access to it right now.
I'll check when I get back to my home in the UK.

Wow the moderators are serious here aren't they.

Replacing "H E double hocky sticks":eek:
and "the p word for wizz"

Ok I will attempt to keep it absolutely clean

But I do use some of the more benign four letter words some times. But I try to keep it in keeping with the FCC guidlines.

Now I am ticked off that I have to use big words to define my emotions. :eek: :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back