Which keyboard and mouse do you use and recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Keyboard and Mouse

Hey Gang,

What keyboard and mouse do you all use.

I have 3 MS Natural keyboards and a logitech Mouseman Wheel, the one before the optical.

Question, If I switch to an optical mouse will I loose or gain performance when playing FPS's ??

Your thoughts please.

Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Cordless Optical Mouseman
as stated here

The new logitech optical mice have dual sensors to give a huge DPI which should mean greater accuracy is possible. When I initially changed from normal to optical mice I found the lack of weight a little strange as I was used to the weight and resultant momentum of a standard mouse. But over all I find the optical mouse superior, no more sticking with a dirty mouseball/rollers.

New forum links:
Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical Mouse

Old forum links:
Microsoft Optical mouse develops fault
Logitech Mice & Keyboards

I am using the WiseTech wireless mouse and keyboard combo. I like the wireless keyboard part of it, but the mouse is way too laggy and not stable enough to use. So I am just using my regular PS/2 mouse.

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard, and a Logitech optical mouse (not wireless) and I find the optical devices superior and much more accurate. I personally don't think I could go back to any rolling mice as long as there as optical devices.

I haven't had any problems with my two devcies plugged into my USB ports.

heh...SuperCheetah, you can daisy chain 127 devices up to a single USB port. Very cool!

I use a Micro$oft Natural Keyboard Pro Elite blah blah...It's really cool, I have like 19 buttons above my F1-F12 keys, as well as 3 above my numpad. Very cool!

I also use a Logitech Optical, nothing special about it, but it's still very nice. No complaints out of me :)

Originally posted by Vehementi
heh...SuperCheetah, you can daisy chain 127 devices up to a single USB port. Very cool!

How is this possible? Just curious
Does it require something special?

i use a normal logitech keyboard and a optical logitech mouse.
i really love that keyboard. costs a bit more than the generic keyboards out there, but the keys are soft and quiet. :)
it would be cool to have the wireless keyboard though. cool design, and it goes with my mouse.

Originally posted by poertner_1274

How is this possible? Just curious
Does it require something special?

Hey poertner_1274,

One of USB's great features is its ability to connect multiple things on the same bus. It's limit is 127. You can daisy chain USB to 127...hook up a hub with 4 ports, connect 3 devices then another hub, another 3 devices and on and on and on...yeah its pretty cool. When they released USB, it was deminstrated at a trade show with 117 mice, all working, all with pointers on the screen. It was crowded to say the least !!

I'm using a Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical keyboard coupled with a Dual Optical mouseman. After so many years of using Microsoft stuff I got tired of them and switched to Logitech, IMO both are quality brands that beat the rest of the pack, which should you choose between the two of them, depends on your own taste.

I agree with 3DS Julio that it depends on what you like. I've heard that people with smaller hands should go with the Logitech mice because the Intellimouse is rather big. I have a Logitech mouse and keyboard and am perfectly content with both of them.

I've always used Keytronic keyboards and Logitech mice, though I'd like to have Logitech's Cordless Desktop Pro. Keytronics have been very durable, I've spilled lots of drinks & food over them, cleaned up with water (of course dried before using).

Hehehe, Thats pretty cool, I still like my Natural Elete Pro but I think I am gonna try an intellimouse explorer this time, I don't know if I will like it, I have used nothing but logitech's for close to 8 years.

Logitech MouseMan optical, and a very old cherry keyboard which came with my first 'puter... (it's 6 years old...)

Granted I've had to repair it a bit (and should do so again soon), but it works like a charm, can handle rough handling (dropping on floor etc.) and doesn't have any of the annoying windows keys...! :)

You mean you can't drop out of Counter-strike by pressing the windows key by accident...
How do you live without that unique key???? ;)

Hey Didou, I like the keyboard but its not a natural one, I might still get carpol tunnel (sp ?) syndrome with it. ;)

My best recommendation would be to try them out yourself.

Certain mouse for example, are heavier than others. I've found that some of these heavy mouses feels much nicer compared to my generic wheel logitec Compaq mouse.

I will probably never invest in wireless keyboard/mouse, one because I won't have a need for it, two simply because I really don't see the need to replace batteries worth the money or time.

You can always grab a Razor Boomslang if accuracy is your thing, but they're out of business...

Originally posted by Arris
You mean you can't drop out of Counter-strike by pressing the windows key by accident...
How do you live without that unique key???? ;)

It's a big problem, but I manage :D
(That is actually the reason I've refused to get a keyboard with those keys... Though It was more of a problem with Quake: TeamFortress, than it is now... (I've changed key config...))

I am gonna try the MS Intellimouse Explorer, the high end one and see if I like it. It is gonna be hard giving up the Logitech, but I will keep it close incase I need a spare.

Welp I am now trying my Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. So far I am mixed bag on it. I like the optical but it "Feels" different than my logitec. I don't really like the side buttons where they are but then again, I have used my logitec for 3 years and haven't had any other in my hand. I will give it a fair try though. What I did find way cool is I left my PS/2 mouse plugged in and then plugged in the MS mouse, thinking I would get two arrows, well I only have the one but now BOTH mice can control it without conflicting. Very interesting I thought. Thanks for all the info gang, I really appriciate it.

You can have great mouse pointer control fights :D
I am not that keen on the side buttons on the MS mice.
Lots of people like them for going forward and back in a browser but I prefer the logitech design with a thumb button. Maybe one less button but I generally have my brower setup so that having forward and back buttons on the mouse isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back