Which mobo/cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,i am struggling to make up my mind as to which setup to go for next?:confused:

my current setup is as follows
amd athlon 64 3700+
asus a8n sli deluxe mobo
2gb 3200 ddr ram
4 pioneer dvd writers
3sata harddrives(40gb,250gb,500gb)

the more i look round for an upgrade to my cpu,the more i see less skt939s availible.
so im looking towards either a new am2 setup,or intel.
but which would be best in terms of what i need?.

most of my work involves converting films from avi to dvd etc,and film backups etc.

i very rarely use pc for games.
i do however need 2 ide ports on mobo,due to 4 dvd writers.
seems hard to find mobos with 2 ide port?.
im also thinking of networking at some stage,my present mobo currently has fast ethernet/gigabit ethernet.

in short,i am looking to find something with all the features i have now,but faster and upgradeable.

anybody have any suggestions of what i should be looking for?.

i have a low to mid range budget,and as i stated,i dont need super duper turbo gameplay features.

thank you in advance for any help.:)

Well

My best advice would be to keep what you got now and just upgrade your CPU to a X2 4200 dual core or faster. These CPU's can be had for less than $175 for a X2 4600 that will offer a decent performance boost with your video editing and such due to being dual core.

What you have right now is very decent but the 3700 just isnt giving you the juice you need for the tasks you are doing.

I would wait for a little bit before upgrading to an entire machine as you are going to be looking at atleast a $700 upgrade to top what you could have by just spending around $175 for a new CPU for your currant rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back