Which Motherboard ,Processor ,Cabinet and Ram ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to buy a new intel based pc.

First of all I want to know which motherboard should I buy?
I.E Via chipset or Intel Original or any other with specification with supported processor.

I am going for 1GB stick (DDR2).Is it preferable to do so or should I use two 512 sticks.

I am totally unaware about cabinet.Which cabinet should I choose?

Thnx in advance.

What's your budget? What's the primary use for the PC?
Have you reviewed the buyers guides on techspot?

is there any particular reason you chose the intel platform? given the current status of AMD and intel's offerings, i'd choose an AMD-based system.

if you do choose to go the itnel route, i'd just get an intel motherboard with a i82945 or higher chipset, use two 512MB sticks of corsair brand memory (in dual-channel operation), and i reccomend the thermaltake tsunami or soprano case. antec makes good cases too, if you don't like any of the thermaltake designs.

First off, everyone is different. We will not be able to provide you with help if you don't state what it will be used for, how much, your budget, your prefernces etc. Also, generally you would use two 512mb sticks just so that if one breaks you can still use it.

Will try to provide more help if you state those things,

Regards,

Korrupt

Actually I have a 80gb samsung hdd ,Sony Dvd R/w and Creative Inspire 2.1 and which is recently purchased for my present p3 machine which I can use in my new machine and also have Samsung 17" monitor.
So I need a good mobo ,processor ,ram ,cabinet and psu of450-500 watts.

I am not a gamerz so not a need to buy grafix card.
Primary use is downloading,serfing ,and using applications like adobe photoshop and vmware.So its a basic use and using RHEL4 as a 2nd os.

So from your replies I have decided intel945 mobo and processor 3.06 and two 512 ram of corsair or Transcend.Thermaltec designed cabinet.

My budget for all these is nearly Rs.15k.

Thnx to all for u r valuable suggestions.

Still any suggestion will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back