Which of the Athlons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Thanks for the info about the thermal paste. Now for the processor. :slurp: . I am looking at the AMD 64 3500 Clawhammer. People say that the clawhammer is great for overclocking, and it can reach 2.5Ghz, considering that it is a 2.2Ghz processor. I was also looking at the AMD 64 3200 Venice. I also saw where people have been overclocking that processer (which is a 1.8Ghz), to 2.7Ghz easily. So here it is.
If i get the Clawhammer, i would have to use the stock heatsink and fan, but its average Operating Frequency is higher.
If i get the Venice, i would be able to get a nice heatsink and fan, but its average Operating Frequency is lower, YET people have overclocked it alot higher.
Has anyone had any success with these processors, or just enough to know about them to help me out on which one to get? I"m going to be using this processor for gaming on a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Board (socket 939).

Thank you :eek:

i would get a 3500+ VINCE there better then the clawhammrer because there cooler and have a better menory controler

i personally would get the clawhammer...overclocking a 3200 to 2.7 Ghz sounds good but you seriously decrease processor lifespan. and besides, 2.5 Ghz OC clawhammer vs. 2.7 OC Venice....you won't notice much of a difference there performance wise.

I would first focus on the heat problems. Theoretically, the Clawhammer should give off more heat since ints 125nm and the Venice core is 90nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back