Which of these GFX cards is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally when I look at buying Video Cards, what I look for are the Core Clock Speeds and the Memory Clock Speeds. Obviously the higher the speeds the better. These are both listed with 540mhz core clock speeds and one is shown with a 1400mhz memory clock speed. The second does not show it's memory clock speed but the same one shows a few moretechnologies; i.e. it lists that it supports 16x anti-aliasing.

I looked and looked at the specs on both of these. The models with "HP" "need other HDCP compatible components". HDCP means "high definition digital content protection". So if any devices in the chain of your receiving High Def. are not HDCP compatible then you will receive a downgraded picture. It would follow (I think) that the "D3" model of the 8600 would also need the same thing. That's as far as I got.

IF you want to play HDCP content don't forget that you need a certified moniter also, going through a DVI connection at least.

Yea that card is alot better than the other two. The interference is 384 vs. 256 and the memory clock is 200 mhz higher plus Gt vs GTO gto always wins anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back