Which Powersupply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only say that I have the Thermaltake PSU and find it to be a little noisy but have no other complaints about it at all, seems a quality item.

I wouldn't get either of those as they both only supply 18A on the +12v line. That's a tad low for todays power hungry PCs. Get an Enermax instead, or a Tagan. Whatever you decide, check the +12v spec if you can and go for at least 20A if possible. Having said that, both of those PSUs you mentioned should be up to most tasks, but with ever more power hungry graphics cards around the corner, I'd tend to play it safe and avoid the two you mentioned.

Sorry i forgot to mension but the price of those two powersupplies fill my budget completely. So taking price into consideration aswell, which one would be the best choise? Also about power hungry pc's, i dont think ill ever run more than one hard drive, neon seems a bit kinky and i carnt see me using anything more than 4 case fans ever.

Thanks

Seems a bit loud, 35decibals? Hodsocks noted the noise of the Thermaltake one and thats only 17decibals. Plus it seems a bit cheap to be good quality.

I'd say Vantec.

Thermaltake tends to overcharge alot. So you may not be getting that great of a quality if it's about the same price.

But other than that, that's just my thinking. Go with what you want.

Check ou the Tagan 480W PSU on this page ...

Today Only - Scan Computers

It's about as good as it gets. Rave reviews (search google). It's at the top end of your budget @ £55.17, but I'm using one and it'll power anything. Top quality engineering too. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back