Which processor is best for gaming (939 socket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMDominator88

so I'm not sure what processor to get becuase I am not too up to par on the gaming community when it comes to overclocking and getting the best out of the processors.....this processor will be going into my HP Pavilion zv6123cl laptop that handles full size processors and not mobile-type processors...what I want to know is what type of processor will I need to make it pretty darn fast (for a laptop, mind you!) I will also be putting a 100Gb 7200RPM HDD in place of the 80Gb 4200RPM dying HDD, lol (that should make a big difference, no??) and I already have 1.25Gb of RAM(the 0.25 comes from the irreplaceable 256Mb integrated chip, I already replaced the replaceable chip with the highest available for my laptop [a 1Gb module])....my choices include everything from newegg in the socket 939 category (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...028 40000343 1051707439&bop=And&Order=REVIEWS. and I am NOT going to buy the freaking expensive ones on that page, lol

any help will be much appreciated

It's $69.99 actually. And he said anything under $80, so i found't him a suitable one.

Regards Jase :)

I must admit thats an ok processor but if he wants it for gaming, he'll want something with a bit more hair on the chest.

I mean you seen the spec recommendation for Bioshock!

That'd be good enough for you I reckon. But you might find an FX CPU on eBay for cheap though, and that would be the best.

I def. won't be playing Bioshock on a laptop, lol ! ha

Yeah, $80 isnt a whole lot, but since I already have my gaming rig set up, all I need is a laptop that can play the occasional game and do the word processing stuff and maybe some graphical processing every now and then, thanks guys (and gals if applicable) for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back