Which speakers should i get? Need help here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have got it down to two choices

1) The logitech Z-5300

Price: 130(on sale at compusa)

2) Klipsch Promedia 2.1s

Price: 150

I think that Klipsch would have better sound while the logitechs would be more bass/power. I have 4.1s now and i'm wondering how it would be like without surround sound, whould i really miss it? I mainly watch anime on my comuter and some games. What woud u guys suggest?

Maximum PC says the Logitech Z-2200 are the best 2.1 speakers they ever heard. They also raved about the 5300.

nothing about the Klpisch, I'm worried that the logitechs(which are known for power) sub will be too over powering even when turned down all the way

PS thanks for the reply

If you only listen to music --->get the 2.1

If you are more into movies and gaming ---> get the 5.1

From my point of view, you will be better off with the 5300. Anyway its really up to you, go to compusa and test out the speakers to see which one is better using you own ears.

What do you plan to use your pc speakers for SubKamram? Personally i would prefer to avoid the inspire range, most of their systems are weak for their price.

Personally i would prefer to avoid the inspire range, most of their systems are weak for their price.

yer, gotta agree with that, ive had 2 sets of 5.1 Create speakers and they sucked, i recommend you get a set of Altec lansing speakers (i have the 251 5.1 set) the bass would be verpowering if it wasnt for the clarity of the centre speaker, imo, you can never have enough bass :p

If your into online gaming, i'd recommend a 5.1 system, especially if your playing first person shooters like UT, with a 5.1 you can hear where somebody is in the map, its really useful i find for pin pointing someones position.

i think it would be a bad idea to downgrade to 2.1's especially since 5.1 speakers are so cheap nowadays, think of it as an investment, mosre and more games and movies are featuring Dolby Digital Ex sound which is so immersive, you wont be able to enjoy such brilliant sound if you got 2.1 speakers. Imo you should get Altec Lansing 251 5.1 speakers, heres a link to them...
http://www.cooltechzone.com/reviews/audio/251_1.php

Get the Klipsch- I've had a set of Promedia 4.1's for almost 6 years now and they still sound fantastic. I take them on vacation and use them outside for parties. They are rugged and have tremendous output. If you purchase a 2.1 system you can ALWAYS add a second 2.1 for surround sound- you rarely need a center channel in a computer setup- in fact it usually spoils the imaging. And with 2, 2.1's you have double the subwoofer which is nice for evening out the bass in a room- you will not need an additional sub with the klipsch system though as you will have gobs of tight bass- not the wooshing thuds you get with most pc speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back