• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thewoosterisroot

XFX 7600 GT

OR

X1900GT

I'm not actually planning on buying either just yet (need money). However, when I do, which one would be better? Gaming is not a concern (I don't really play games anymore).

Mainly I want it to work well in these areas (with a "22 LCD):

Multimedia (movies)
Video Editing (just not windows movie maker ;)
3D Rendering (such as blender 3d)
Other visual rendering (Gimp and such)
3D desktop looks (Beryl)

So that's pretty much it; I need a card that can carry a heavy load at high resolutions, so I guess that means I need a good GPU for one. For that I can see that the 7600 is faster, but it's only a 128 bit, how much does that matter?

It depends on the motherboard and power supply. The X1900GT is a more powerful card, but it requires more memory and may require a more hefty power supply than the one in your box.

Yea, 7600 if you're not gaming. Although you might consider a 7950GT or 7900GS because they have HDCP...

So what I'm getting so far is: 7600GT if I'm not gaming, but the X1900Gt has some features that the 7600GT doesn't?

In your situation, I think that the GeForce 7600GT would fully suit your needs. In fact, I have that exact card too.

The Radeon x1900GT is indeed a far more powerful card compared to the GeForce 7600GT.

However, since you are not gaming, I think you will find more use for the 7600's higher clock speeds rather than the x1900's 256-bit wide memory bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back