White screen when starting Jedi Knight 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedi Knight 2 : HELLLLLPPPP! :(

When I goto load the jedi knight 2 game from my save games, my screen turns white and it like just sits there and does nothing.... please please help me with this :( :(

Re: :(

Originally posted by jsawyer20k
nope, when I load jedi knight 2 my screen goes all white, lol

You have may have overlooked this feature, but Jedi Knight has a shortcut in the program files menu that enables "Safe Mode". See if Jedi Knight runs with this enabled.... At least you'll be able to play the game.

There's a good chance something may be corrupted or altered.. Try reinstalling the game and see if it works. I take it that it worked at one time, since you DO have a saved game. heh.

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

Try Rick's suggestion. Just backup your save games directory before reinstalling. Most game software now leaves this directory intact when you reinstall over the top but better being safe than sorry. Have you changed anything in your system configuration recently like video drivers or added any hardware that could be conflicting with your video card? Otherwise it could just be a data corruption as Rick has suggested and a reinstallation of JK2 over the top of the existing one should fix it.

Also have a read of the forum FAQ in my signature or top left of the page. You don't need to scream for help in post titles since most people do come here for help in the first place ;)

Let us know how you get on with resolving this problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back