Who found the ugliest computer case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need...bathroom...NOW...Bluuurrghh puke: puke: :dead:

That is one foul looking case, it may just be the yellow but... 'cuse me.. puke:

Check out this page Color Cases(directron.com)

Particularly noteworthy is this case:
directron_1862_41448678

That case is damn good tho, and in black it looks lovely and nearly sophisticated, theres always gonna be some numpty willing to buy a yellow case, all i can say is shame on them

reminds me of the case called the "diabolic" lol, your asking for trouble when you call your case a derogatory name... out of interest who here has cases with windows and lights and such?

i wouldn't criticise, i've been there too, ok new question, who heres got a case full of lights and such and silly windows and regretted buying it instead of a nice plain case, and who heres happy with their ufo (unidentified flashing onscenity) sitting on their desk

I have this case. http://www.a-top.com/xblade/xblade-b.jpg

I don't have the LCD or all the goodies, but that is my case and color.

As for regrets. Weeeeeeeeell. I don't really have regrets, cause I have a blue lighted 120mm fan in the back, a blue lighted 80mm on the window, I have green UV sensitive power supply cables. I have a multi-LED blue flashing strip. Well it's not flashing, it have a button in the rear of the case to change how the lights work.

The case looks wicked cool at a LAN party, but totally useless in my room. I don't know about other cases but here is my review of this case.

1) A big side window breaks the stregth of the material. In other words, the side door is a bit flimsy because of the plastic. I would prefer a good solid door, with fans, and a strong hinge and latch. If I must have a window, I'd want just a rectangle window that is less then half the door.

2) On fancy looking cases, the fronts are usually just a big mold of plastic. Easy to break, and the plasic clips that keep those fancy fronts on, don't last long. My case is like 50 pounds with all the equipment I have in it. When I pick up the case, the front bezel just doesn't feel solid, and I avoid holding my hand under the front for fear it'll pop off or break. I would prefer the style of standard case, but with a front that is a door that swings open. And so nothing has to come off the front to do anything.

3) Also along with those big plastic fronts, they often make it difficult to install drives. Those fronts usually have to come off to slide a drive in. Which I found to be a pain, because you also have the front panel wires going from the bezel into the case. The whole thing is awkward. I would prefer a solid front where nothing has to come off to slide a drive in. But that doesn't mean it can't have a "door" that swings open to slide a drive in, that's fine. Just as long as nothing has to come off.

4) I'm begining to not want a mid-tower any more. And yet a full tower is to big. When I installed all my parts, I had a new 550w power supply and a "Jet engine" CPU fan. Right off the batt the Jet fan did not fit with the power supply in there. I litterally had to use a razor and cut about a half inch off the fan housing to get the power supply in there.
And with all the wires in there, it is a bit crowded. And being crowded, the side window doesn't allow for much of a view, all you get is a jumble of wires all over. I would prefer a case that is maybe just two inches taller. Allows more room between the motherboard and power supply, and more room from motherboard to drive bays.

So that is my review of fancy cases. That being said, I think I would venture to buy this case for my next case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112088
It is sleek and awesome looking by its simplicity. I like its solid look and the sepparation of different compartments on the inside.
But slightly outside my budget.

Otherwise, this could be a contender:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133144
The side windows are small and I doubt they affect the structure. Big insides, turned HDD bays, removable mobo tray etc... Add the Thermaltake BigWater liquid cooling system and it would look tight!

Currently my case is This:

http://xoxide.com/5in1combo1.html

Only reason i bought it, back 2 years ago 350W power supply was pretty good-Although I did upgrade it. It has a handle on the top which is really handy and very sturdy although it is plastic ( I swung it around in circles, holds up really good ). My speakers, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and case match. I took the side panel off with all the windows and such cause my radiator was too big for it to fit on .. so i had to do some.. cutting, oh well that means i dont have to unscrew the side just incase something happens and i have to do something to it really quick ( like if my hard drive blows up again ). :unch: But besides that this thing has held up pretty good. Would i classify this thing as ugly? I dont know, possibly, but then again..hmm , well thats just my opinion though.

that lian-li is gorgeous, a complete understatement, like a bmw, reliable, solid, looks great. the sharks nice (but imo nicer without the blue lights :p) as for your current case "no comment" but this is what i've been trying to steer people away from, you buy it be happy for about a week then all the niggles just get to you, and the purposefulness becomes negligible.

I'm not unhappy with the X-Blade though. For its looks and size and features, it was a steal at $59us. What can you expect from $59? The best of cases, even without a PS, start at over $100 and up. So I'm happy with it, as long as I don't have to take optical drives in and out, or install a liquid cooler!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back