Who kicks more ****?

Hope this doesn't offend the moderators :)

• Rayne (of BloodRayne fame)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to nominate either character and suggest expanding the poll to include Vasquez from the film Aliens. She's the most hardcore cyberchick I've ever seen. Close second has to be major Kusanagi 'the major' from the origional 'Ghost in a shell', she's so hardcore, she rips her own arms off trying to pull a tank hatch off in the penultimate sequence, plus she's the only one mentioned so far with any cyberware. Either of these two, would beast Lara hands down and let's face it, vampiric disciplines are nothing in comparison with when the metal meets the meat hardware, boosted reflexes and the ability to survive decapitation. You want hot, well Vasquez is ok, but the major is hotter than either of your candidates. Just watch the opening sequence of the film.

I will agree with Lekki_Sheep but the poll is based on laura and Rayne, which is a hard decision. They both kick *** in their own fictional world, while Rayne has the gore but Laura has the the more realistic setting, but I am going to have to choose Laura. I have been a fan since the first Tomb Raider.

Well, alright TypeX45. Maybe I've been a little unreasonable, but I just find the characters a little hollow. In my eyes, they're just short of being as bad as the recent Charlie's Angels travesty as far as hardcore women are concerned. They're embarassing themselves.
If I was forced to choose though, I'd have to think about it. Would I go for the clearly more powerful Rayne, who could likely turn little Lara into a sticky red paste in time for supper, or do I base my decision on Lara's superspy like tenacity and ingenuity?

Comparing them to the Charles Angels is a little overboard don't you think. I mean those girls were molded in to what they do and not meant for action. Both Lara and Rayne are, well animated characters and all they have known is killing, that’s who they are. In other words it’s like super man and batman. Super man was born superman and batman was created from Bruce Wayne. If you understand what I am getting at.

TypeX45 said:
Both Lara and Rayne are, well animated characters and all they have known is killing, that’s who they are.
I'd say Lara does quite a bit of problem-solving and exploring as well, not just killing.

I'm a fan of both and can't decide on this kind of polls.

Lekki_Sheep said:
I refuse to nominate either character and suggest expanding the poll to include Vasquez from the film Aliens. She's the most hardcore cyberchick I've ever seen. Close second has to be major Kusanagi 'the major' from the origional 'Ghost in a shell', she's so hardcore, she rips her own arms off trying to pull a tank hatch off in the penultimate sequence, plus she's the only one mentioned so far with any cyberware. Either of these two, would beast Lara hands down and let's face it, vampiric disciplines are nothing in comparison with when the metal meets the meat hardware, boosted reflexes and the ability to survive decapitation. You want hot, well Vasquez is ok, but the major is hotter than either of your candidates. Just watch the opening sequence of the film.
Speaking of Ghost in the Shell, I have a rip of GITS 2 from a DVD my friend gave me. Is there any way to have sub-titles inserted into it coz the DVD is in Japanese with no sub-titles? Its in .AVI format, if that helps.

Mictlantecuhtli said:
I'm a fan of both and can't decide on this kind of polls.
C,mon Mictlantecuhtli,you HAVE to make a decision.This is important!!!!

My vote goes to Lara,but only `cos there`s no Jessica Alba option.

Well acctually, you could say that Charlie's Angels are as two dimentional as an animated character, but that would be an insult to good anime. Besides, I'm comparing them as characters. Perhaps it's a little cruel to slate Rayne in such a way, but Lara is such a lame male attempt to make a tough, yet femanine heroine. Now, had they Paul Besson as an adviser things may have turned out different. Just take Lelou from fith element as an example. She's tough, assertive and at the same time thoroughly desireable. Wheras Lara bulls her way through being an emacipationist character as though she's determined to be everything contravertial. She does it with no real class.
(Warning, this is where I bad mouth Angelina Jolie) Have you had the misfortue to see the film? For some reason, my father - in his infinite wisdom - bought it me for a christmas present. Not being the kind of snob to simply throw it aside, I gave it a chance. Apparently, she can't even prepare a microwave meal. What is she just trying to fit a male stereotype here?
It is for this reason that I contend that she's similar to Charlies Angels. The half-baked attempt at a 'girl-power' character phenomenon.

How kind of you to say so.

I've made a few on 'the Movies'. I'm so flattered I might post them on techspot (if I can).

Don't seem to be able to.

If you're willing to trust me though, I could mail a copy to anyone that's interested. Besides, I'm hardly going to send you something malicious and get myself a bad reputation in a tech-forum.

Draven_X said:
My vote would go to Claire Redfield.
Well that's not a choice so u have to choose between these two here. The RE series never intrigued me much and Claire Redfield never struck me as much of a babe, seeing as the graphics of the first three were not good enough to offer a good view of her. I think she's in RE4 though(never played it but I have seen the trailer).

Possibly because, while the story was compelling the actual gameplay experience became a dull souless plod though the same corridors and rooms in the vain hope of finding a key/keycard, punctuated slightly by the sound of clop, clop, clop and a static picture of some stairs in a black field? That's why I never did.

I didn't own a console in the first place(it did come out on consoles first right?). Plus I never bought RE2 for the PC. So I pretty much don't know about it. Only thing I know is that it has lots of zombies and puzzles, from what I've read on the boxes. Maybe I'll give it a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back