Who should I listen to CPU cool? BIOS? Coretemp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipmike33

Currently I have 3 Temp monitor (BIOS included). Currently I have a E6550 processor, stock everything. When I play games it goes up to 70c (Core temp wise) and Im idling at 42-43(core temp). but on CPU cool 8.0.4 and BIO's im idling on 35+'s and full load at 50+'s. Subject is, which monitor is giving out the right temp?

Well, if you have 3 programs, find a situation where 2 of the programs produce the same values, and then I'd go with them. This is because all the programs read from the same temp probe, but some could stuff it up. BIOS is normally correct, but there could be a malfunction of some sort.

so i take it core temp is a bit off? I thought if anything this would be the most exact since its a well known program. Since CPU cool and BIOS are pretty much the same I guess I'll look at CPU cool

Well by the time you get into BIOS the temp will have changed slightly so take that into consideration.

If it is an Intel CPU, the only program I trust is Intel TAT. Unfortunately for our egos, it always reports higher than anything else.

Ok TAT is giving me 27-28 while Core Temp is giving me 40-42, CPU cool is giving me 27-28 (CPU cool and BIOS are almost the same), so Im guessing Core Temp is a weird one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back