Who won the writers strike

What im wondering is if the oscars where on earlier in the year would the strike have been over sooner?

Whoever won, we lost.

Actually that statement isn't true, I just wanted to fit it in. We lost when the writers went on strike.

nobody ever wins. a work stoppage is just a civilized form of social revolt.

hum; now how can we get that to work for health care????

Good this crap is over and they have canceled "Bonic Woman" and Cane on CBS. Both were crap or poor plot. Hero's won't be back until the Fall. Still the TM on FOX still keeps them coming out new.. Still that going no way fast. Sunday NBC Night Rider using a Ford Mustang Looks promising just have to wait and see.

I liked Bionic Woman, so I'm not real happy about it leaving. Jericho was halfass brought back, think there are going to be something like 7 episodes then its done for good. No new episodes of Life until the fall, basically everything is screwed up. Its to the point that you might as well not watch anything as it airs, and instead download all the episodes once you know its established and not going to get canned.

I never watched an episode of Bionic Woman but I suppose it's a similar case as with Big Shots, I liked the show and now it's gone even though it had decent ratings I believe.

I watcjed a few episodes of it, the first one was all right but I thibk it just went a bit downhill after that. Still have 3 or 4 eps that I havent even watched yet. Ill just be happy to get the office back.

I liked the original Bionic shows back in the day when I was much younger, and I tried to like the new Bionic Woman but couldn't really manage to do that. Most of the stuff I watch was on hiatus anyway, so the writer's strike made little difference to me.

The writers got what they wanted, if I am not mistaken. Also, I liked Bionic Woman (to a point), but I wanna see that new show about the guy that is immortal until he finds the woman that will let him grow old. I forgot the name of it.......

They also killed off Journeyman, which wasn't that great, but it seemed to be getting better with each episode.

yyiiyyii - In a strike that long, nobody wins. There were compromises on both sides. I'm sure you can find all the details of it somewhere online and then determine who 'won' if you must, but I'm quite sure there was no winner. If there was it would have been on the news like "writers won!" or something. Instead it was just they came to a deal.

So I stand by my original statement that whoever won we lost. We lost because some shows got canceled, other that didn't were incredibly disrupted, shows are coming back for a few episodes and then not again until fall. Basically it will take about 1 year before many of these shows can complete 1 season now.

totally agree, we did lose, the fact that the studios decided to just stick on more reality tv is testament to that.

Really hope that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles doesnt get canned though, really starting to enjoy it.

I really wanna see Heroes again, though.

Well, I think I can deal with having to wait, mainly due to the many games I have yet to fully complete.

FF12, FF9, FF7, FFT,

Unreal Tournament, Flatout, Nox, Lords of Magic.

All started on, none completed.

The Laws of Unintended Consequences.......

Since the Writers Guild is now going to receive revenue from online sales/ viewing of material, you may see another wave of DRM and attempted DRM enforcement.

kritius said:
totally agree, we did lose, the fact that the studios decided to just stick on more reality tv is testament to that.
Yeah, reality TV. How big a ***** do you have to be to skip an appointment for root canal surgery to stay home and watch "The Biggest Loser"?
kritius said:
Really hope that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles doesnt get canned though, really starting to enjoy it.
We're onboard with that!
mopar man said:
The writers got what they wanted, if I am not mistaken. Also, I liked Bionic Woman (to a point), but I wanna see that new show about the guy that is immortal until he finds the woman that will let him grow old. I forgot the name of it.......
"New Amsterdam" Fox
SNGX1275 said:
They also killed off Journeyman, which wasn't that great, but it seemed to be getting better with each episode.
Only after the producers/writers allowed his brother to believe the time traveling scenario. Before that, the brother was the world's biggest a******. Gave me nightmares about having a cop for a brother.
SNGX1275 said:
So I stand by my original statement that whoever won we lost. We lost because some shows got canceled, other that didn't were incredibly disrupted, shows are coming back for a few episodes and then not again until fall. Basically it will take about 1 year before many of these shows can complete 1 season now.
Not only did we lose, but we lost big time, since the new "residuals" will be added the the shows initial production costs. We're just going to have to live with the fact that Sci-Fi shows are, (for the most part), slow to develop a following and expensive to produce, so they tend not to linger. I suppose it could be said that we're lucky that they keep trying to develop them at all. This considering the rampant banality in the taste of the viewing public at large.

Then there was "American Gladiator"! As an "actor"/"emcee" Hulk Hogan proved that by comparison, "The Rock" should have gotten an Academy Award for "The Scorpion King"!

At least their writing stuff again (hopefully)

Sometimes strikers can be really stupid.

We had a Post Office strike over here a while ago. In one place they went on strike for two days, and instead of deducting the 2 days pay in one week, the branch managers did it over two (one day a week for two weeks). The dumb workers somehow felt this was 'unfair' and went on strike AGAIN... losing even more money.

Although maybe thats just the general stupidity of us Brits :D

i don't know why CEO's that have more money then they can spend, do not want to pay the people that are making them rich.

if u have more money then you can spend then why would u want more?

It's all Biblical Really........

yyiiyyii said:
i don't know why CEO's that have more money then they can spend, do not want to pay the people that are making them rich.

if u have more money then you can spend then why would u want more?

We call them the seven deadly sins, and on Sunday we publically abhor them. But, truth be told the other six days are reserved for seeing how well we can commit them. So, Monday through Saturday, the greedier the better in our minds.

It could be argued successfully that with people downloading TV shows for free, that the writers are being stolen from at boths ends of the food chain.

So, after our social corcerns and VERY public charity giving, we revert to our avaricious, baser nature that says; "he who dies with the most toys wins"!

Back