Why can I run Crysis better than Gears of War and NFS Pro Street?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtickner1

Hi, i've got Crysis on my comp running at low - medium settings fine without a problem. But... GoW and NFS Pro Street run so terrible on my computer it's ridiculous, i have them both on the absolute lowest settings. GoW is a slideshow and NFS Pr Street is just playable but still slideshowish,

I have the latest patches and latest ATI drivers and re-formatted my comp not too long ago so everything is **** and span

edit *Why did the word s p i c get censored?*

As for NFS I have no expirience with it so I can't comment on that, but GOW is known to have framerate issues and problems with stuttering even on high end rigs like mine... it's very playable for me despite quite a bit of stuttering at times!

The guy asks for help and you throw up a link to one of your videos to show off how good you are at games... that's not helping and your framerate looks extremely choppy.

So j the 1600 should run those games, but I'd say the highest settings are out of it's range... some combination of low-medium settings and a moderate resolution should give you better performance. For GOW you may even have to settle for 800 x 600 to get playable framerates.

Are you running Gears of War in DX10 mode by any chance? That might explain the horrid performance. Also, have you tried patching the game? As for Pro Street, it runs jerkily on my rig too, so no worries. It's just another ****ty release by EA.

pcnthuziast said:
The guy asks for help and you throw up a link to one of your videos to show off how good you are at games... that's not helping and your framerate looks extremely choppy.
His problem is his video card. I been there so I know. Own a 9800 and game like farcry cut scene was like a slideshow, then i upgrade to 1900 and every high end games run like a charm. Also my video help him realize that a high end video card would do him alot of good in the future, don't need to get jealous and bash my video with the framerate whine. If you failed to realize that Frap reduce framerate you're obviously being bias and bitchy about it. ProStreet run fine with or without Frap. The choopyness is your excuse, and it does look choppy because i was making a tight turn while on first person view and not related to performance.

If you don't own ProStreet don't even bother quoting about my video, you're clueless other wise.

edit: you also need to read what the OP stated CLEARLY on his first post. He already try putting everything on teh "lowest setting" and you still ignore that and give out the same advice "some combination of low-medium settings"

Gaming is a tiny fraction of my life that I take extremely lightly so as for me being jealous I'm sure you'd like to believe that. I realize he tried low settings, but made no menntion of resolution which given his 3200 shouldn't be set higher than 1024 x 768.

BTW: Fraps has a minimal impact on performance in my expirience(likely lesss than 5%)and your choppy video is evidence that the NFS franchise requires alot of power to run at the highest settings due partly to inefficient coding. Tight turns don't make a game stutter hence it is a performance issue whether you see it that way or not.

pcnthuziast said:
Gaming is a tiny fraction of my life that I take extremely lightly so as for me being jealous I'm sure you'd like to believe that. I realize he tried low settings, but made no menntion of resolution which given his 3200 shouldn't be set higher than 1024 x 768.
fair enough =]

I notice you have 8800 ultra and woa! nice card! so i wonder why you said "gaming is a tiny fraction of your life and extremely light about it?"

also I wanna see some of your gaming video product by the 8800 ultra =] unless those description you in script are untrue?...

Tight turns don't make a game stutter hence it is a performance issue whether you see it that way or not.
lol that quote tell me alot about you and your weak gaming knowledge. Tight turn + first person view making bumpy turn does look like its shuttering. Also if i was shuttering why was i leading so far from the rest of the cars?

As for the shuttering on my video - Give me the exact timer on my video and tell me which part of the video start shuttering?

Lol if you wanna believe that I'm lyin about my rig or anything else for that matter go right ahead because you don't know me. A nice rig doesn't mean I'm a serious gamer, it just means I have the money to spend on stuff I want! You cry about my stuttering comment because you've never had a rig powerful enogh to produce a truly smooth expirience and as for you being in the lead, stuttering doesn't affect the game engines timing. I can't pinpoint a specific event because the video was choppy from start to finish and the inconsistency of the framerate was painfully obvious throughout.

Pitiful that you're "all talk" and no video to back it up. Don't brag about power rig product a truly smooth experience when all you do is put up fake description. I mean even a 12 year old can do it better.

The "i can't pinpoint a specific event" is such a pathetic out cry excuse. You know why you had to come up with that? cos you don't own any high end PC games to know how they perform.

again don't make up lame excuses, prove me wrong and make a better video as mind on the same track. =]

FYI shuttering mean my video would stop, skip , stop , skip, stop. Like i said your gaming knowledge is weak. You even failed to see what the OP want, how can you even have the right mindset to judge my video? rofl

I wasn't mad about your criticizing on the choppiness, I was merely correcting your ignorant, since you got nothing to back it up beside your constant crying. Do yourself a favor and compare the first person view and the third person view on my video. There we go again i just correct your ignorance. You're so desperate to defend self you had to go from choppiness to shuttering when there was non, and your fake Ultra is laughable. Rich or poor I don't give a rat azz, this is about gaming discussion and i want facts like video to back it up, not verbal brag.

anyway i'm done with ya, nothing positive coming from you on the next post beside more lame "talk the talk excuse"

And don't get mad because i shot you down with reasons and facts. lol

Look condor I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone else. Like I said believe what you want... and have a nice day because I don't hate you! :)

Sorry i havn't replied to anything, tis my 18th today and i wasn't in a proper state to write anything last night :p

His problem is his video card. I been there so I know. Own a 9800 and game like farcry cut scene was like a slideshow, then i upgrade to 1900 and every high end games run like a charm.

Seems to be running Crysis fine, and it's a X1600XT Bravo Ed, a lot more powerful than a 9800 and i can run FarCry maxed out without a problem.

Are you running Gears of War in DX10 mode by any chance? That might explain the horrid performance. Also, have you tried patching the game? As for Pro Street, it runs jerkily on my rig too, so no worries. It's just another ****ty release by EA

Nah, don't have Vista. Both games are patched

jtickner1 said:
Nah, don't have Vista. Both games are patched
Then how come it says in your system specs that you're running Vista Home Premium? Anyways, what about the drivers? Using the latest Catalyst release and the hotfixes?

Whoops, forgot to change that. I had Vista then got rid of it (It stuffed up at the 1st lan i ever went to :( then i had to spend ages trying to find an XP disc and someone with nforce 4 drivers)

Yes and Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back