Why can't I post

I have just joined this forum, and have tried repeatedly to post a question as a new thread. Each time I try to submit it, I get an error saying that my post contains one or more URL's and I should remove them. When this happens, the title is erased but the post itself is still there. There are NO urls in my post or title. I have removed all non text characters such as parens, ampersands, and dashes, and have retitled the post several times, but I keep getting the same message.

What am I doing wrong?

I had this problem just the once a few days ago. I re-wrote the title, and that was my problem solved. I have no-idea why it happened, or how it was resolved. There was nothing even resembling a url in the post.

I suspect some of the vB hacks installed previously were causing problems with certain new members and posting privileges, I have now removed all hacks and upgraded to vB's latest version.

I somehow posted the first one. Now I want to make a second post and can't find an icon for new post. I am so frustrated. I replied because i can't post either.

The 'quick' reply button you need to push is the far right icon in every post. Just to the right of 'Quote'
Click on that, then start typing in the Message Box:

Or you can always choose to Go Advanced to get more functions.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

how do you make a new thread

im having a real problem trying to make a new thread i've already posted 1 but i can't do another whats the problem????

Any forum in particular? You should be able to post without any issues once your user is activated, and yours obviously is.

Posting new questions

Thank You. I should of said I couldn't always find where to post a new question, no matter where I looked. If I posted, it was by accident that it showed up. So I just gave up trying. I could reply to others..

On ANY overview-page within a forum, at the top left there is a button New Thread.
Make sure you are in the proper forum, BEFORE you click that button.

Back