Why do I not have sound coming from my speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently reformatted my hard drive and restored windows. Now I am not able to get any sound from my speakers. Winamp will open and will play music, but no sound comes out. Could u please shed some light on the subject? Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You need to reinstall your sound drivers.

If you use onboard sound then you can get the drivers from your mobo manufacturers website. If your computer is an oem such as Dell/E-machines etc, then visit the website of your computer manufacturer.

If you use a separate soundcard, then you will be able to get the drivers from your soundcard manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I've got a gateway that I bought before I started college in 2000. It was specially built to accommodate the engineering programs that I would be running. My brother gave gateway all the specs, but I really have no idea to what sound card I have. Do you have any idea to what card I may have so that I don't have to remove all my cards to see the tag? Thanks again

The machine has been a nightmare to say the least. Gateway is the devil. hahaha

If you click on the first link in my sig, you will fined a link to the free Everest programme. It will give you lots of info about your system.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back