Why does nero burn my 16x disks on my 16x dvd burner at 4x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Even though I select maximum speed on nero, it will only burn at 4x... I have 16x disks and a 16x dvd recorder. I've been burning at 16x with dvd shrink, so I'm asuming it cant be hardware/driver related since dvd shrink uses the nero engine.

Another question, there is an option for "high quality mode" which at current I have disabled, but I was wondering if this really makes a difference to my video/audio quality...

regards,

Korrupt

There could be several reasons. first what version of Nero are you using? also when you select "maximum speed" you are not telling Nero to burn the disc at 16X you are telling Nero to decide what the best speed is to burn that disk. it could be that nero thinks that 4x is the best speed. have you tried selecting 16X instead of using "maximum speed"?

Nero is selecting the speed that its detection system shows to be the most reliable. It could be the disc media, or the read, or other problem... but i wouldn't argue with it.

have yuo tested the media you have burned at 16X with shrink/nero to see what kind of burn quality it has?

Nero's Pretty Smart.....

There are 18x burners as well.... Trouble is, you can't buy media. What's your hurry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back