Why does this forum use spyware?

SpyBot detecting something doesn't necessarily make it "spyware". It just means it is detecting something in it's list of item's to block. If it was spyware that could become a nuisance I'm sure TS wouldn't allow it and would be aware of it. No worries.

why does this and every other computer forum attempt to load Doubleclick and Avenue a Inc spyware?
You certainly need to get your concept about spyware straight before boldly claiming why 'this' or 'that' website uses it. It should be obvious, we don't.

Cookies aren't harmful to your computer.

That's all I get from this site.

People who are so paranion as to not accept cookies should probably have them disabled anyway.

Originally posted by young&wild
Assuming you are using IE, for extra protection, you can always install the Google Toolbar for IE.

Hmm. Google toolbar IS spyware (the enhanced version).

Use firefox with the built-in search engine field which lets you use Google or any other engine without sending them information about your browsing.

Google's toolbar does have a pop up blocker that works quite well.

Not sure I understand what the extra protection is, though.

ok to turn off the sound in spybot S&D put it in advanced mode, go to settings>settings and on the list make sure both of the play alert when...s are NOT ticked. also when you claimed that every forums uses "spyware" and it is starting to annoy you, they use cookies and if they didnt you wouldnt be able to stay logged in or see which posts are new, so this "spyware" is more like helpware to all of us.

Back