Why I cant Show my hidden files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wen9x88

Why i cant Show my hidden files?
Tools>folders option and check show hidden files and i click apply and ok.
but i open folders option,it still "do not show hidden files and folder".
anyone know why?

You have or had some malware that corrupted the Windows registry. You should take a look in our security forums before attemting to fix this.

yesterday i format computer.
and today my computer cannot show files or folders again.
i think i change the windows register and make this problem.
i change windows register to install internet explorer and window media player.and i don know why i just can install internet explorer and window media player cannot install. ><"

Run HiJackThis, if you can, and post here.
Also, run whatever antispyware and Antivirus software you use, then immediately reboot, and run again in Safe Mode.

Click Start/Run,type regedit then press Ok
Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL

Now right click on,and delete the value "CheckedValue" in the right hand window.

Now create a new "DWORD Value" called exactly CheckedValue in the right hand window.
Double click on CheckedValue.
In the opening 'Edit DWORD Value' box,set the 'Value data:' to 1

Press Ok,exit regedit,restart your pc.

Worked Great but...

Thank you Thank you. This worked great but as I was deleting the viruses from my externals I accidently double clicked on one! This brought the problem right back and my computer now tells me that I can no longer name a Dword Value "CheckedValue" because that name is already in use. Even when I delete it from the registry. Is there any other name I can use?
Thanks again and if you can, please HELP!
JPoz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back