Why isn't Distributed Computing in OS & Software?

Yeah but does it really matter? I don't see a problem keeping it seperate, as long as it gets used. It might turn into the portable computing forum here in a bit and join the Software, but until then, I'd say it is fine.

As a forum of its own its more likely to be spotted and have users join teams. Otherwise it would have to be a single sticky thread in the Software forum. I know that it does fall under the category of software but I believe that Julio wishes to keep the forum to only two levels of forums (e.g. Site Feedback > Site Comments & Suggestions)...

I think its fine where it is, it deserves its own forum. Julio is going to make this "official" soon and when we get frontpage viewers to come to the forums we want them to be able to see "Distributed Computing" so they are reminded once again and can join the cause for our team.

Heh. You guys aren't getting what I mean. I mean that instead of it being in 'Hardware & Tweaking' it should be in 'OS & Software', the subforums ;)

It definitely needs it's own forum! :D

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh I see now. I don't even really pay attention to the forum headers. I just look at the individual forums themselves. That is a good point though, but since it is already where it is, why move it so others get confused?

Originally posted by poertner_1274
Aaaaaahhhhhhhh I see now. I don't even really pay attention to the forum headers. I just look at the individual forums themselves. That is a good point though, but since it is already where it is, why move it so others get confused?

Hehe, guess not. It might make people think we don't have a DC team anymore...

Back