Why This Happens with PCI nVidia GeForce FX5200 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rashidaliamjad

Good Evening Guys !

how is every one ?

ok my brother has a pc. It Is :

System Manufacturer : INTEL_
System Model : D915 GLVG
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.66 GHz.
RAM:768 MB
Graphics : Intel Extreme Graphics 128 MB.

His system also have 2 PCI slots and one PCIe 1x Slot.

A month ago he brought nVidia FX5200 256 MB for PCI slot (not PCIe). Now what happens is that when we insert the card in PCI slot and start the PC. Windows Xp picks up the default driver for the card. When i check dxdiag its shows everythink correctly , but the AGP Texure Acceleration is not available , i mean it is disabled. i cannot select/deselect or enable/disable it myself. So i insert the card's software's cd provided in its box and install the driver. This time when i check dxdiag , AGP Texture Acceleration option is available and i can enable or disable it if i want to.

Now let me tell you the problem. After installing the card's driver from the cd i run the game Prince Of Persia : The Two Thrones and i see that the game videos [not ingame videos] are running but with a pause in them. i mean they don't run smoothly. or simply there is a breakage in the movie. of 1 sec.

just like , 1sec play, 1sec pause , 1 sec play , 1 sec pause .....

then i close the game and uninstall the card's driver and Windows Xp picks up the default driver again. but this time when i run the game. The breakage is reduces half sec may be.

Can any 1 tell me whats the problem.

Can i have some other driver or tweak , which can remove this error.

my friend runs the same game on :

Processor :1.7 GHz
Ram : 512 RAM
Graphic Card : nVidia FX5200 AGP 8x in 4x slot but works very well.

and the game runs very smooth and with no breakage.

plz help me.

Is the on-board video disabled in bios?
When the screen comes up for the default windows driver cancel out of it and run the install cd and re-boot.

yeah the internal graphics i.e, Intel extreme graphics were disabled when we installed from cd ... but when the windows picked up the default driver , at that time we hadn't disabled it from bios.

AGP cards are much faster than PCI cards because the bandwidth for AGP is much faster, you will almost always saturate the PCI bandwidth. on another note, why are you buying a FX5200? The FX cards were bad even in their time, now your like 3 generations behind :p Try newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back