Why u hate Imacs..

:confused: Just read some denigrating remarks about I MACS..dont have one so just for my own satisfaction, whats so bad about 'em?

as in a couple year old macintosh computers? or as in something else?

Unless its something else, its likely just Apple bashers having fun.

Why are you asking those questions here and not from the people who wrote the remarks?

I feel quite offended since you seem to think this community is a bunch of mindless Mac haters.

What is the point of this question? If you're considering an iMac do some research without negative bias. You'll many many people are very pleased with there iMacs and some that did not have their vision met. Then you way the pros & cons to suit yourself.

i hate mac for a reason. it's the lack of compatibility with almost everything else out there that drives my hate/intense dislike. not to mention the overlooked oem-ness to said computers.

yes, to a degree. personally, x86 architecture suits me way better (considering my computer usage) and i always am working on x86 machines (mostly windows i might add). i think of macs as oem builds that have an extremely limited use. come on, i'm a computer enthusiast here. i don't want to buy the whole thing already put together. i want to combine all the parts i want and implement them the way i choose.

The CPU is not the computer. It wouldn't make any difference if the PCs used small monkeys in cages doing math on small pieces of paper and the Apples had AMD chips in them. It is the whole machine architecture and the ecosystem around it that counts. A single component means nothing.

I like iMacs, especially this model:

apple1.jpg

:)

looking at it now i have the urge to take a tire iron to the next one i come across. then again, i feel like doing it to pretty much any machine wearing an apple logo anyways. in fact, i just acquired a dead powerbook 190 that someone was throwing out and am looking forward to smashing it to pecies tomorrow.

Yes there are compatibility issues with the Macs, but is they do what you want, their perfectly fine. i for one find the lack of space the seem to take up good. I've never used one, so I can't really comment. Most people seem to hate them for compatibility with Windows software and games, as well as their confusing hardware.
I'm sure what the Mac can do, it does exceptionally well, and that you shouldn't moan at it for it's inability to do things it was never meant to do. To my knowledge, Macs are primarily work machines, not designed to do all the things a PC can do.

i actuallu use botha mac and a pc, so i'm a dual user. once you figure out how they work, they are very simple to use. they are very stable and i don't have to worry about many viruses or tojans or spyware on it. i have had a program lock up on me, but it sure was nice just force-quitting that then instead of having to restart the entire system. (task manager sometimes works for this, but not all the time) i do a lot of my day to day stuff on my mac now but i still play my games on the pc.

I must say, the appeal of the Mac becomes increasingly more apparent....

Beauty. Simplicity. Elegance. They are like a PC that has been finished.

At least, that's what they look to me, and I've only seen friends with them.

To make it for me that my new laptop is a Powerbook and not some Asus or Samsung laptop or something, it would HAVE to be because the Powerbook had an Intel compatible chip inside it, though. That's when I can run Mac OS X plus Windows XP plus any Linux I like, so that's when I will change.

Shouldn't your post have really been "What is your opinion on an iMac?" That would have been much better.

i guess the difference here is what values we look for in a computer, and what our respective opinions of what makes a computer appealing/attractive,

Nodsu said:
The CPU is not the computer. It wouldn't make any difference if the PCs used small monkeys in cages doing math on small pieces of paper and the Apples had AMD chips in them. It is the whole machine architecture and the ecosystem around it that counts. A single component means nothing.

x86, amd64, alpha, hppa, ia64, ppc, sparc

tcpa, VIA PadLock, SecureKey

Sometimes a single component means everything.

;)

Back