Why you should stop using Lavasoft's Ad-aware

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS | Thomas

Stop using Lavasoft's Ad-aware

I truly hate that it has come to this. Lavasoft's Ad-aware used to be a fine product. Not only was it the only free solution for finding & destroying advertising spyware, it was also a good program. However, Lavasoft has abandoned Ad-aware 5.83. Support is still offered at their support forums & via email, but the program is no longer being updated to handle new spyware targets. In fact, I feel that it is necessary to recommend to everyone that they simply remove Ad-aware version 5 entirely. Using it in its current, unupdated form can be, & has been proven to be dangerous.

Would you like to know more? Update, please see here for Lavasoft's response to Spywareinfo's claim.

I personally, will use ad-aware 6.0 when it comes out in January.

A shame that they stopped updating 5.83 plus though.

Why is everybody acting like little children?
"boycot ad-aware, they were mean to me!"

boo-hoo. Cry me a river. They simply want to keep the rowdy crowd quiet, while they work hard to get v. 6 ready! just wait patiently for it; I know i will

i have been using a different proggy called 'spybot' that is way more thourough than ad-aware ever was lately.... i would recommend it even before seeing this thread

Originally posted by Unregistered
i have been using a different proggy called 'spybot' that is way more thourough than ad-aware ever was lately.... i would recommend it even before seeing this thread

As discussed in the original thread.

:D

Anyone who fully trusts that any of the apps like Adaware is able to remove all spyware is a fool and I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. You should never trust any piece of software fully. You don't actually think your Antivirus is able to detect and remove every virus do you? Well your spyware remover isn't foolproof either. Anything you use is probably removing some, which is better than it was before you used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back