Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people in this forum that could help a lot of people but choose not to,why is that? it seems people are begging for help. Help evryone instead of making folks beg?

The Techspot members help out on a voluntary basis and in their spare time. We don`t get paid for doing this.

What specifically are you referring to?

Regards Howard :)

1. We are here free. This is a "club."
2. No one is obligated to help anyone.
3. Most answers are already in the FAQs and also in the guides forum - do your homework first.
4. Some senior members like myself choose to help as many as possible, but we cannot answer all. We also have a life outside techspot. I for one, am not a computer geek. It is a hobby, but not my life.

I agree with Tedster on this one. I often come to the forums when I have time to spare between school work etc. I learned alot from this forum just by reading about otheres problems and how they were solved. Now I often help out others when a problem arises in an area that I am familiar with.

I can also say that when I first joined Techspot some time ago, I believe that Tedster and Howard helped with many of my problems, so many thanks to both of them!

Having people posting generic subjects like "help" or "why" doesn't make it very friendly for users to browse either. Screaming subjects won't help it either.

I would say in over 2/3 of the cases, well written and explained problems get a solution from our members or at least some replies with potential fixes.

Spot on there Julio. Even just using a descriptive title will help. As an example, my knowledge of networking is scarce so i tend to avoid networking issues. Its annoying when someone doesn't clearly state what their issue is.
On the other hand, I'm pretty good with hardware and malware so i tend to focus on those. But, again, it really helps if the titles are descriptive.

The thing to remember is, we can only work with the information presented to us.

Just for some clarification, Hatchetman2002, pm`d me and told he was referring to was the lack of help in the Dell Bios Password thread.

I informed him that there was only a few guys that could help and that he`d either need to be patient or search Google for a paid solution.

He pm`d me back and said he understood.

Thread closed.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back