Wich card should i buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

frus

Hi
i have a second computer, an old ocmpaq presario 5000 and i want to buy a video card. Specs
athlon thunderbird 1,4ghz 100mhz fsb (no sse, but maybe i can buy a morgan duron with sse)
768mb pc133
80 gb HD 7200 rpm
an agp slot 2.0 max 4x using a nvidia vanta **** with 8mb

i now i can buy a new computer and all but i wont do it right now, i already got another computer and im going to buy another one in one or 2 years so i want an agp card for the old machine right now.

I was looking around on ebay and i found the aiw radeon 9600 xt on ebay, (yes, i want a radeon and aiw series) but i also found the aiw radeon 9800 pro and the aiw x800xt both agp too.
i want to know which one is the best i can get on this old computer, i dont care about the price. I know that at some point the grahic card will be bottlenecked by the cpu (my athlon) so if there are no much difference in fps and stability between x800xt and 9800 pro i will go for the radeon 9800, or maybe if the 9800 is too much for my cpu i will get the 9600 xt.
thanks for ur help guys

You should get the 9800 pro. The x800XT would be too much for your CPU. The 9800PRO still performs nicely, and is more powerful than the 9600XT.

Regards :wave:

thanks i will
im just waiting for a price drop under $100 :p
maybe in 4 or 5 months i will be able to find a 9800 pro with that price
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back