Widescreen monitor resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

I'm thinking of buying a 19" widescreen from Acer (on a side note, is Acer a notable company?)... But - the resolution is recommended to be left at 1440x900.

Now, can my Radeon X850XT go to that kind of resolution? It can surely handle it, but I'm not sure how do go to it (currently I have only options of 1024x768, 1280x1024, etc., but no 1440x900)... Or is it going to only be available once I start using the new monitor?

I just don't want to get it and then figure I have no way of switching to 1440x900...

Usually the card is set to not accept anything other than the supported resolutions of the current monitor. So that means that when you do get your monitor, it WILL be able to go to 1440x900 because most cards can handle that.

MetalX said:
Usually the card is set to not accept anything other than the supported resolutions of the current monitor. So that means that when you do get your monitor, it WILL be able to go to 1440x900 because most cards can handle that.
Ahh, so it'll allow me to do it once I get the monitor... Thanks!

^ yeh i guess it will, I Bought a Acer LCD 17'', its Resollution is 1280x1024 , i dont think it was there before gettin the LCD Monitor, so no worries, get the LCD
Good luck:)

Alex~

korrupt said:
The monitor will also come with a driver disk if it doesnt work.

Regards,

Korrupt
Ahh, so that is what the driver disk will be for. At first I was like, "since when do monitors need drivers?".

If that doesn't work, try ATI Tray tools, it allows me to go up to 2048X1536, although my monitor supports up to 1280X1024 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back