Wierd Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

joker

i started getting this error, when i start MyIE, IE, MSN Messenger.
It says that there Error Occured and application had to be shut down. Here is a quote from the message:
This errot report includes: information regarding "NAME OF APPLICATION" when the problem occured: the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; andthe Internet protocol (IP) adress of your computer

Have you scanned for spyware recently ? Problems with internet applications
are often spyware related.

I suggest you go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.Then post an HJT log in the Security and the Web forum.

If you don`t think it is a spyware problem,System Restore maybe an option.

here what i got from Event Viewer:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Messenger
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 19.06.2006
Time: 21:05:07
User: N/A
Computer: ASLAN-P6TP91H5K
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Messenger ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: msnmsgr.exe; 7.5.324.0; msvcrt.dll; 7.0.2600.0; 00032e43.
Data:
0000: 6c707041 74616369 206e6f69 6c696146
0010: 20657275 6e736d20 7267736d 6578652e
0020: 352e3720 3432332e 6920302e 736d206e
0030: 74726376 6c6c642e 302e3720 3036322e
0040: 20302e30 6f207461 65736666 30302074
0050: 65323330 0a0d3334

Hmm, if it affects multiple programs and wants to blame msvcrt.dll, then you could have a C runtimes problem.

Try installing these (for XP/2000)

Windows scripting:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

C Runtime Libraries:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...D6-783B-4968-A841-38A2743307D9&displaylang=en

VB Runtimes (for good measure):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...61-7A9C-43E7-9117-F673077FFB3C&displaylang=en

See if that gets anywhere.

Next, grab your XP CD if you have one, cause you may need it.
Click Start->Run->SFC /scannow
When that is done, restart.

Good luck

messenger doesnt crash anymore, i'm testing other programs
i downloaded msvcrt.dll and then dropped it into windows/system
i guess there some trojan or something that deletes that file

All thanks to Event Viewer

Are you saying the file was missing entirely? Ya, that would do it. That library is needed for most programs written in C, I think Visual C and C++ too. But it is a pretty critical file.

Hope all is working.

i dont know whats going on, but it s not working anymore
applications keep crashing,
i keep replacing the files, but its not working ...

Did you try to install the programs I linked to? These reload most of the MS libraries.
Did you run SFC /scannow?

And have you check for viruses and spyware? Run updated scans with adaware and spybot. Run an online scan from www.bitdefender.com or housecall.trendmicro.com.
And then perhaps attach a Hijackthis log. Refer to the sticky threads in the security forum for how to do all this.

We'll get to the bottom of it.

i scanned and installed, didnt work
but then i stumbled across this thing i tried it our,
i went to Start-Run: mmc /a eventvwr.msc /auxsource=MYDNS SERVER
and it worked, even tho i dont really know what like does

but it doesnt work either, i wonder what i did to make it work

I suggest you post your HJT log for us. See how here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic50981.html

Then, you might try closing as many open programs as you can, then open task manager and close any more you can, the ones running under your user account.

Once you've shut down everything, do the programs work?

You can also try going into Safe Mode and see if the programs work. This way we can see if it is a 3rd party program causing havoc.

I you post your HJT log, do it on a clean bootup. In other words, don't make the log AFTER you've already shut down processes.

good luck

Your system is infected with a variety of nasties.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

I have moved this thread to our security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :)

How do you know he's infected? Did I miss something? Did he post a log or something?

Anyhow...go on...

Vigilante said:
How do you know he's infected? Did I miss something? Did he post a log or something?

Anyhow...go on...

Yes Vig, he did post a log. I removed it, as it wasn`t posted as an attachment.

It was infected with quite a few nasties.

ok, scanned with Spyware doctor, found some disturbing sh*t there
removed everything, right now everything works fine, hopefully it stays that way

That`s good. However, you should still follow the instructions I gave you, then post a fresh HJT log.

We can then make sure your system is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back